Pinpoint or Milwaukee?

• Pinpoint is best

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • Milwaukee is best

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

smcnally

Tankless
Which brand do you guys prefer for a pH monitor? I need a new probe and was thinking of just getting a whole new setup (if I decide to go with a different brand).

Damn...I meant to put a poll on this.

Anyone else? Anyone use Aqua controller Jr? How's the pH monitor on that?
Thats what I have. It works flawlessly. Plus if your get the jr. you can have it control vurtually everything in your tank from lights to ph. it even has a wavemaker feature. Do get tit with direct connect and not the x-10. Also get it with the serial connection, this way you can control the jr via your PC.

Thats what I have. It works flawlessly. Plus if your get the jr. you can have it control vurtually everything in your tank from lights to ph. it even has a wavemaker feature. Do get tit with direct connect and not the x-10. Also get it with the serial connection, this way you can control the jr via your PC.

I already have a Crestron processor controlling all my lights/pumps so I really wouldn't need that part. What made me thing about getting the AC Jr with serial port is that I would be able to talk to the AC Jr with my Crestron processor. By doing that I will be able to display any info from it that I want on my touchpanel and see it real time from out of the house too.

Just get an AC JR. It works great for the money and it's not that much more money than the PH controller.
I used to have pinpoint PH controller and it worked great.

I have a pinpoint ph controller and it has worked flawlessly for about a year now. I'm going to be hooking up an aquatronica controller soon. The thing I like about the aquatronica is, when there is an upgrade, you don't have to buy a whole new unit to get it.

I already have a Crestron processor controlling all my lights/pumps so I really wouldn't need that part. What made me thing about getting the AC Jr with serial port is that I would be able to talk to the AC Jr with my Crestron processor. By doing that I will be able to display any info from it that I want on my touchpanel and see it real time from out of the house too.
You could do all that with the jr and aquanotes. If you had a blackberry you could get emails and even see your tank parematers in real time and control them in real time. You can log in via any PC and control and watch also. My jr replaced alot of timers and strips and other controlers. Maybe if you dont want to replace the Creston the jr wouldnt be the most cost effective option, unless you still get it and use it and in the event the Creston fails you can just switch everything over to the jr.

I believe there are many Milwaukee pH meters, some of which are clearly inferior to the Pinpoint.

Look for 2 or more point calibration and readability to 0.01 pH units. Having the ability to read continually and not just when you push a button is also nice.

Added a poll for you :)

I believe there are many Milwaukee pH meters, some of which are clearly inferior to the Pinpoint.
Thanks, Joe!

Look for 2 or more point calibration and readability to 0.01 pH units. Having the ability to read continually and not just when you push a button is also nice.
Thanks, Randy! I'm leanig towards the AC Jr now:rolleyes:
I'd like to integrate it with my Crestron system:D

Back