*Planned Power Outage*

Thanks chuck. I am going to try to have it all plugged in properly and not overload any 1 cord. I have a whole bunch of good heavy duty jobsite cords and heavy 3 way splitters a few powerstrips, and some x-mas lights with the plug on either end. KIdding about the x-mas lights. Should make for a fun day. LOL

Cords

Sounds like you are all set.....just don't trip over any cords!:p
Have fun and keep us posted that day.

Thanks chuck. I am going to try to have it all plugged in properly and not overload any 1 cord. I have a whole bunch of good heavy duty jobsite cords and heavy 3 way splitters a few powerstrips, and some x-mas lights with the plug on either end. KIdding about the x-mas lights. Should make for a fun day. LOL

This thread just reminded me I need to build a small house to go over my gen when I use it, that sucka is LOUD!!

Of course it would be properly ventilated :D

I would not even bother submitting a claim to get reimbursed. Unless things are REALLY different here than in FL... when I worked at the power company in FL we had hundrends on claims from people regarding generators after the huricanes hit in 2004.

The exact words you are going to hear from the power company is "Your electric was off during that time, therefor you were not being charged for any electric during that time, therefor we owe you nothing" If they are nice they will leave off the "we owe you nothing" part :)

WOOOO WHOOOOO.....good luck tomorrow!

Thanks Barry!!!

stingythingy45 Yeah,good luck Jenn.
I'm sure you'll be fine.

Thanks BOB
I thinks so anyway. everything is laid out ready to go for 8 am.

jovreef I would not even bother submitting a claim to get reimbursed. Unless things are REALLY different here than in FL... when I worked at the power company in FL we had hundrends on claims from people regarding generators after the huricanes hit in 2004.

The exact words you are going to hear from the power company is "Your electric was off during that time, therefor you were not being charged for any electric during that time, therefor we owe you nothing" If they are nice they will leave off the "we owe you nothing" part

Yea I was thinking that would be the way of it. But thanks for the heads up Jovanna.

Jennifer....if you have your router and computer hooked up to the generator, you need to update us through out the day on how things are going.

Friggen P'd off

:mad: Well now this really ticks me off.
After waiting 4 hours, my power has not gone off. The genny is sitting in the back of my truck, just sitting there wasting my money.

You know after the letter and multiple calls to the power company. Where they told me I would deffinately lose my power for ten hours, And then nothing. After I have spent 80 dollars to rent the genny.

Reason being my house is on the corner of RT114 and my street. My power comes off of the pole on RT114. Always in the past if RT114 lost power so did I. My nextdoor neighbor would still be on, so obviously we were on 2 diferent cicuits. BUt I was told by the P/C that my neighbors would be out too. Otherwise I would have run cords from their house to my tanks. Our driveways touch so there is only about 25 feet between the 2 houses.

For the last year or so they have been working on a large street renovation project in my neighborhood which involved moving telephone poles and wires and such. Apparently at somepoint during construction they switched my house from 1 circuit to the other. The friggin power company apparently does not have a record of this at all. Or maybe they just suck!!!

So anyway yes the main RD RT114 is with out power going on 3.5 hrs now and will not be on till 6pm as planned. I on the other hand have not even had a bulb flicker.:mad:
After all this I would have preferred to have lost my power. Now that I am losing money from not working today and renting the genny.

WTF

Thats a darn good idea MINI, now I just need to get a battery.

On a positive note, today being my trash day. 1 of my neighbors decided to throw out a perfectly good 20 gallon long tank. Not a scratch or blemish on it. And it holds water.
So If I had not been home I would have missed it. Score for me!!!

Don't worry I am sure they will cut the power off to your house another day. Then you can rent the genny again and take another day off work.

On a positive note, today being my trash day. 1 of my neighbors decided to throw out a perfectly good 20 gallon long tank. Not a scratch or blemish on it. And it holds water.

See??? Reef goda looking out for ya....always put ya where they want you!:cool:Nice score...will trade for a 10g(needs slight repair:rolleyes::p:D)
glad to hear all is going...well on as usual!

tabby

OOO damn.....now you can start another tank and make that what.... 8 tanks:p.

Do you really need a generator?

I'd be concerned with 10 hours of a power loss, but all you really need is a small inverter and an auto battery to power your pump(s).

Don't worry I am sure they will cut the power off to your house another day. Then you can rent the genny again and take another day off work.

Right! That would be sweet!:D

pillowfish
See??? Reef goda looking out for ya....always put ya where they want you!Nice score...will trade for a 10g(needs slight repair)
glad to hear all is going...well on as usual!

Thanks be to the reef Gods! Trade for the 10 gallon huh with or without cracks.;)

Miller
OOO damn.....now you can start another tank and make that what.... 8 tanks.

LOL Yup something like that. Actually I want to trade it for a 29 gallon.
That way I can get my frag tank up and running.

MarkO Do you really need a generator?
I'd be concerned with 10 hours of a power loss, but all you really need is a small inverter and an auto battery to power your pump(s).

Yup Genny was a must. Too many tanks for that idea to work.
I have a 400 watt inverter it is just way to small to do it.

Back