Votes: 9 69.2%
  • Not at all (why)

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Maybe (and)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hopefully someday I'll upgrade, been kicking sizes around for a minute. 72x36x28 or 84x36x28 or 30. Have to remodel the downstairs first so who knows why that will happen.

***edit***

Planning on an innovative marine ext 200 as I can't justify an extra 3500 for another 6" of depth.

Last edited:
I voted “yes” as I’m just starting the upgrade! Currently my 10g is still on the east coast with my uncle and cousin fish-sitting. I moved to CA this month and we’re currently getting settled into our new apt.

The upgrade (a 35g used ReefOctopus tank I found on the forum) arrived on Wednesday (this was the only thing I was nervous about shipping in a U-Box, but it got here safely!), leak tested on Friday, gave it a mild citric acid bath on Sunday, and today I’m rinsing it out again to remove as much of the citric acid as possible.

Keep an eye out, I’ll be starting a build thread this week!

I've been thinking about a 300gal fish only system once my situation room is done. Been building out my space. Bathroom is roughed along with lounge area. Dedicated panel ready for some electric. I love designing and picking finishes. I want a fish only so I can keep things I've always wanted but wouldn't dare put in a reef

I’d say yes as I’ve never finished the famous 160g build although it’s getting closer and it’s been years.
Water box 6025 donated to me from a fellow reefer years back.
Right now running;
80g lowboy live rock & sand that’s pretty much fish only with exception of softies and a nem
50g lowboy bare bottom that crashed on me a while back while I was in drilling stages (still acting out of whack!)
90g fowlr bare bottom with my sohal & gifted boujee my zebra moray eel just live rock and them.
Plan is 80 & 50 hosts in 160g and have a 200g for a future fowlr which will host boujee and possibly fish I can’t keep in reef setup
That’s not including the wifeys 13g Evo I’ve neglected & 24g live something is the brand which I bought to eliminate the Evo.

Oh and I suffer from LARS at times!
Happy reefing!

Last edited:
i would say no upgrade for me. downgrade possibly
the hobby is expensive, i would say take your times and look out for the whole setup sale to help save you money.
when you buy equipments such as tank, light, powerhead and skimmer , look for brand name Ecotech, AI, redsea, reef octopus.. they do hold values should you change your mind and need to sell them

Last edited:
Yes upgrading from a 90 gal 48x18x20. This will be the 4th tank. 1st 55gal. 2nd 72bow
3rd 90gal. The new tank is used from a fellow member $400.00. Tank specs. Planet Aquarium 175gal. 60.5x24.5x29.5 with starfire glass. Tank has a leak and needs to be resealed. The stand the tank was on was bout 1inch too narrow and the back of the tank was hanging off. And that is where the leak developed. Back left corner of the tank. Moved it into the back yard like the Egyptian slaves built the pyramids.
Here are the first pics of this build.

Plans are for a mixed reef fish and corals.

Going to be a slow build. I need to redo the flooring in the house. Also all equipment has to be upgraded for this build.

I do however have the aluminum stand already.

Attachments

• TANKPIC3-082723.jpg
    TANKPIC3-082723.jpg
    448.6 KB · Views: 51
  • TANKPIC2-082723.jpg
    TANKPIC2-082723.jpg
    431.4 KB · Views: 49
  • TANKPIC1-082723.jpg
    TANKPIC1-082723.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 51
My 180 went from Braintree to Halifax then to storage for year while we built our house in brockton so I can get onto Brockton Fire. Decided to sell that tank since it is 11 years old and didn't want to risk a blow out in our new house. now all my fish and rock are sitting in a 100gal stock tank waiting for our Glasscages tank (36x24x24) to be finished so we can actually have a tank again. And finally when we finish our basement we are building a Glasscages in wall 350-450gallon tank. But thats in the five year plan.

Currently have a 90 full reef and a 180 fish only aggressive in the basement. Within the next 5 years I would like to consolidate the two tanks into a 300-400 gallon full reef. Haven’t decided yet exactly how big but definitely something in that range. The thing is when I decide to do the change I would have to be willing/have the money to renovate my basement bc once the tank is there it’s there forever lol. Ideally that tank will be full sps/lps. I’ll still keep my 30 qt tank as well for all new fish

Back