Please help . Possible pest id

mordibv

Non-member
I was stoked that I was getting a few frags today . I don't have pests and don't want them. My friends back home will tell u I am qt and dip crazy . I cut the bags open and dumped in them in my lil dipping containers . I inspected one coral and I am a lil freaked out . I see this long gash going straight up the coral and white areas all over the place .
I grabbed the camera as I saw some critters in there . One of them is not making me a happy camper now . I have not used the coral rx yet .

I have resized this picture . I do have the larger one available if someone can assist , This is a great way to start a weekend . sigh ..

DSCF1456.jpg

Last edited:
if you look directly below the white area of the frag and go south you will see a lil oval guy with a white sorta dot in the middle .It is near the bottom of the pic .

First almost looks like an AEFW (hope not).

Second, is it flat an slithery like the first, or is it closer to having a sort of shell? Could be a chiton??

I know a few are flatworms in there . It is the one that is south of the coral . It is oval shaped and flaps . If someone would like to pm their email addy you can see it way better . I am so freaked out I cannot even type or edit the pic's
John the second one reminds me of a flat potato bug . It does have a shell . The one that is really bothering me is the first pic .
@ turbo snail I really don't want to cross that bridge yet please . I really want to make a positive id and get a game plan or just 86 the darn things .

Last edited:
im glad atleast u check things before hand (and people need to stop selling things to contaminate other peoples aquariums ! )

@turbosnail pic is on the way . TY .
@reefsane88 . I always check . On the second part I agree it is pretty blatant of the person . No one can be that blind with the marks on the frag pic .

is the second one flat on the bottom like perhaps a white sea slug but also looks fuzzy (perhaps stomatella
not to sure of the spelling on the second species

I think that's maybe a chiton .(TY John ) A stomatella has a smooth shell this one is has ridges . Make a potato bug flatter with a tapered ridge in the middle . Make it whitish and that is what it looks like . I don't think the second one is a bother .

yes chiton i couldnt see the lil bugger in the first image but then saw some images of chiton and immediately recoginzed it on the bottom of the frag

@reefsane88 No that is not I what was referring to .

Here is a close up of a portion of the frag . Working on the critter pic .

BITEMARKS.jpg

It is this one that concerns me. It is really flat and flaps . It is oval and yes it is slimy . I cannot edit anymore . It just does not come out right . any thoughts now ? Are those confirmed bite marks ?

critter1.jpg

Last edited:
From the pic you sent me and the damage on the frag I would say yes it is a aefw. Have you dipped it yet are there any more?

It truly looks like this .I did not want to kill them yet . I do not have a magnifying glass either .No have not dipped them yet . TY for confirming this . I can't see myself keeping the damaged coral .
The other coral looks perfectly healthy and only had the chiton in it .

PC030215.jpg

Just put in the coral rx in with the other coral . Oh crap . Flattie came off that one immediately . JEEZ

Back