Please help . Possible pest id

Did both frags come from the same place if it did I would qt it and check it as best as you can. I use a jewelers loop to look at frags you can see everything.

Yes they came from the same place . Now I gotta cross that bridge . Can I get a jewelers loop @ wally world ? The closet pet shop is a Dave's soda pet . Will a 1 gallon bucket with a pico ph work for a qt ? I can put a couple small live rocks in it . Or pick up a GF bowl ?

That should work you don't need a lot of tank for two frags just keep an eye on water parameters. I got my jewelers loop from my father who got it from some one else. I am sure if you ask a jeweler they could tell you where to get one. Good luck.

I am doing that now . Then I am taking a nap . Maybe my day will go better after I wake up . The other frag has no visible damage.
Thanks everyone for helping out . I think that deserves a change in my avatar . Who do I contact for membership ?iM GOOD, I found it in the settings and just paid through paypal .

Last edited:
Contact wilfx he will help you out with membership and I would keep your avatar(very cool looking coral) they will just put your clown fish above it.

It truly looks like this .I did not want to kill them yet . I do not have a magnifying glass either .No have not dipped them yet . TY for confirming this . I can't see myself keeping the damaged coral .
The other coral looks perfectly healthy and only had the chiton in it .

PC030215.jpg

From the pattern on that flatworm it kind of looks like a polycad FW, and IIRC AEFWs are more transparent to pale cream colored without a pattern. Someone would have to confirm this as I have never had a good look at an AEFW up close.

If it is a polycad, it's also a problem but nothing on the scale of AEFWs. The polycads are bad because they become really big (few inches across) and start hunting snails. That said, they aren't very prolific and I bet that there's a good chance that is the only one.

Here's a pic of the polycad I'm referring to. This guy was 1.5-2" long.

Attachments

• flatworm 1.jpg
    flatworm 1.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 117
I can only say they I cannot see that mottled pattern on them . I do see a white sorta dot in the middle . They are oval shaped . I had the forked tailed ones in there too. These guys are pretty small . I did get an email from someone not on this forum but experienced in id . My larger pic was sent to him . It was not good news .
They have been confirmed as AEFW . I leave this now as closed issue and appreciate every ones take on it .

TIA

p

Back