Poll on moderation in vendor experiences forum

Is moderation in the vendor experiences forum....

• Too heavy handed...too much editing and removing of posts

Votes: 21 42.9%
  • Just right...the rules are being enforced...only factual/first hand info is useful

Votes: 26 53.1%
  • Too light...more posts should be removed/edited

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
One Eye said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkoli110
I'm not a hot head or had a post removed, and I voted that. I've read the rules and posted here, but I don't like alot of the rules. I think the mods do a great job, and are moderating the way the rules state they should be. These forums and the club just seem to be leaning towards the business based side of the hobby, and away from helping the reefers out. Just my opinion.

I guess I could see the rules being interpreted that way.

The rules are really set up to avoid slander and inaccuracy.

If it didn't happen to you personaly then you really don't know the facts and would therefore have an innacurate view or comment.

Name calling and threats on a public forum are not only childish, but also slanderous.

??

Was that directed towards me? I haven't called anyone names or made any threats :confused:

"You really don't see the difference?!?
You insulted an identifiable person at the store. There was no gray area, you singled her out and let fly with an insult.
The staff member who posted did not identify anyone at all. He said he has his share of dumb customers.
If you had been general with your comment, and not sigled out a person, then your comment would have been left alone."

No, I don't see a difference at all. Many other people posted identifying information about employees, and in fact, others used the same phrase as I did , and they were not edited. This is about moderation, not about the rules. You said you try to be fair, I am telling you it is not. That's all.

As a moderator for another site, I know how difficult this can be. I do think you're being too heavy-handed in your editing of people's comments.

There is a line to be drawn on people's posts/rants about any given vendor, especially if they are supporters of the board, however, you need to let customers get their views expressed. It's important that the customers are protected.

Vendors have been able to screw customers too often in this and many other industries. I think you should be more lax on customer reviews and more heavy-handed on the vendor's postings.

CaseyH said:
"You really don't see the difference?!?
You insulted an identifiable person at the store. There was no gray area, you singled her out and let fly with an insult.
The staff member who posted did not identify anyone at all. He said he has his share of dumb customers.
If you had been general with your comment, and not sigled out a person, then your comment would have been left alone."

No, I don't see a difference at all. Many other people posted identifying information about employees, and in fact, others used the same phrase as I did , and they were not edited. This is about moderation, not about the rules. You said you try to be fair, I am telling you it is not. That's all.
Other's posts insulting the staff should have been edited too. I happened to notice your post, and did not notice theirs.
I just looked and didn't see where somebody else used the same insult. What post number?

Last edited:
Ah Geez...another poll?
You guys (and girls) are getting needy
How many pats on the back do you need in one week?
(or are we aiming too high? :))

High Maintence yer gettin to be :p

I commend BRS for including this forum and applaud the mods for taking on this challenging role. Of course if this is done right this has the opportunity to be a win-win situation. This forum can help steer the hobbiest to the better merchants (and away from the less than desireable merchants), but it also gives key insight to the merchants on what satisfies/disatisfies customers and what they need to do to grow their business and retain loyal customers. I posted 1 input of repeated bad experience on a vendor feedback thread, in part to forewarn other hobbiest and in part to give the merchant the opportunity to know why he lost me as a customer and have the opportunity to learn from it for his other customers. Only the foolish hobbiest and merchant will turn a deaf ear to this forum and be the worse for it. Once again kudos to BRS for being bold enough to host this and to the mods for managing it.

I have changed my mind on this forum....looks like the MODS were right it leveled out and now seems less of a LFS beat down.

Back