Purple Hornets Group Buy... 5 buyers needed!

I've requested some pictures from the seller and he is going to be taking some this weekend. I will post them as soon as I get them.

He wrote to me late last night. Two are "perfect" the others are in the same shape. Pictures are on their way, he didn't get a chance to borrow a camera this weekend. I'll give him the rest of the week to get those together before I get on his case more.

At $ 146.00 for a single polyp - when is enough ... enough.
I used to be in designer stuff .. but this is absolutely nonsense.

Side note. I have been watching this thread and cant help but think you are all getting hustled. If I sent the money I would be asking "Where are my polyps". If I was spearheading this group buy I would demand pictures, not just when they get around to it or forgot the camera or this or that, you already gave the money up, its time for something to show for it.

Last edited:
The only thing I would be worried about is that zoas are probably one of the easiest corals to frag. You reattach them, day or two at the most later they are opened right up again. This has been dragging out for three weeks and this guy has your money already, but can't produce a photo for you? How much has he actually sold on ebay or otherwise? Doesn't sound too good imo. Just my two cents but I wish you all the best getting your very cool looking zoa!

funny that its the same guy that everyone is waiting for those look healthy to me talk about hustler

This is not the same seller, unless he changed his ebay name... The sellers ebay account is on the first page of this thread.

Side note. I have been watching this thread and cant help but think you are all getting hustled. If I sent the money I would be asking "Where are my polyps". If I was spearheading this group buy I would demand pictures, not just when they get around to it or forgot the camera or this or that, you already gave the money up, its time for something to show for it.

It seems the people in this group buy would rather wait than be shipped unhealthy polyps. Nobody has asked me to get a refund from the guy yet. I am a little worried that he hasn't gotten my pics yet but I am giving him the benefit of the doubt and letting it go till the end of the week.

The only thing I would be worried about is that zoas are probably one of the easiest corals to frag. You reattach them, day or two at the most later they are opened right up again. This has been dragging out for three weeks and this guy has your money already, but can't produce a photo for you? How much has he actually sold on ebay or otherwise? Doesn't sound too good imo. Just my two cents but I wish you all the best getting your very cool looking zoa!

They are very simple to frag, but I have had single polyps open up for a couple days and then melt away in a matter of 24 hours.
Believe me, I feel awful that this is taking so long. I will be very upset if this doesn't end well.

You definitely have a lot of interested observers hoping for the best for you too. The more people that can get these things, the sooner we can all get them. Good luck!

Well I am starting to get a bad feeling about this deal and think some of us are going to get shafted

Or you can always get from this guy. Auction will end tonight.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ULTRA-RARE-PURP...14&_trkparms=72:1205|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

BTW I'm sure this is the real deal. :)

There isn't a zoo polyp on earth worth that kind of money for a single polyp....

Don't get me wrong here...it is nice & all but......Single polyps have a much higher chance of melting away...I won't buy a single polyp frag no matter how rare it is....If I can't get at least 3-5 polyps that are fully healed i wouldn't do it..

You know the funny thing...I'll wait till the craze is over & get them for 10 bucks a polyp!!!:p

the very last zoo or paly polyps I paid large coin for were..safecrackers/rainbow palys & xmens....I'm done paying that stupid amount of coin for a paly or zoo!!!

how many are suprised to hear that from me??

Refund should be on its way shortly. He seemed to understand why I asked and had no problem with it. I did ask if he could ship the two polyps that were doing well but haven't heard back yet. That is all depending on if I get a deal on them or not (as far as shipping costs).
Other than that, no new news. I will post when the refund is officially sent and received and will PM you all when I send you all your checks.

Back