Pvc Plumbing advice.

ireefer

Non-member
Hi all getting ready to start a new 155g oceanic Bowfront build.
Need some advice. It has two corner overflows 1' drains, 3/4 returns the aga mega flow kits will be used. My reeflo return has 1 1/2' outlets. Should I do all the plumbing in1 1/2' PVC or 1' returns 1 1/2 drains?or vice versa? New at this and first time plumbing, and using a sump. Will be draining into a adhi 60g sump/fuge.
First section would hold the skimmer, middle fuge and last section after bubble trap the return. Any input on plumbing or sump would be appreciated. Many more questions to come throughout this build. So thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I have 1 inch PVC for drains and 3/4 inch returns and have no issues with that.
I have a 70 gallon basement sump.

Ok so leaving them the same size throughout is fine. Thanks

I would not cut your reeflo pump piping down to two 3/4" lines. If you can, I would plumb the return up over the back of the tank and use at least two 1" lines and use the overflows for drains. Could use the 3/4" holes in the overflows for back up drains.

Just keep in mind when doing your plumbing that two 3/4" lines do not equal one 1.5" line when hooking up your return.

I think I'm going to go with 1 1/2" drains and 1" returns

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Out of the return pump you are going to have 1.5" and then split into two 1" returns yes? These are going to use the 1" holes in the overflows or over the back of the tank? Where exactly are the 1.5" drains going to be draining from? You would want to combine the two 1" holes in the overflow for this. Can you explain exactly how you plan to plumb everything so we can make sure it should work?

Out of the return pump you are going to have 1.5" and then split into two 1" returns yes? These are going to use the 1" holes in the overflows or over the back of the tank? Where exactly are the 1.5" drains going to be draining from? You would want to combine the two 1" holes in the overflow for this. Can you explain exactly how you plan to plumb everything so we can make sure it should work?

Will do thanks mike. When I get home in front of a pc will upload the plans. TIA

Back