Question about feeding corals

jeremy052274

Non-member
Is there a decent rule of thumb about whether a colony of coral needs each eye to be fed or not? For example, I have a war coral with maybe 20 eyes, and I was feeding last night and saw one eye got a whole mysis and the others got who-knows-what. Does the entire colony benefit from one eye being fed?

I'm sure it varies by type of coral (for example, I make sure my dendro gets fed in each head), but was wondering if there's a rule of thumb around this. The googling hasn't helped me much.

Thanks!

that is a good question and i have no idea. tagging along.

i can see the evolutionary benefits of both strategies- individualism vs. collectivism. i'm sure like you said it depends on the species, but it would be interesting to see if anyone's done any kind of research at all on this.

that is a good question and i have no idea. tagging along.

i can see the evolutionary benefits of both strategies- individualism vs. collectivism. i'm sure like you said it depends on the species, but it would be interesting to see if anyone's done any kind of research at all on this.

I am also tagging along...However I am going to make a guess.....I guess that atleast the colonies I have Nuculear greens paly's that it feeds the whole group of them

most corals dont need to be fed IMO, would they incremental benefit, yes .............
at the expense of effort and bio load

Back