Question for 200 G and up owners

Royal

BRS Member
I need a solid return pump for a 220 build I prefer something I can connect to a controller DC type I have experience with a S vectra.

I was considering a COR since I have an apex but what I was trying get feed back from those who have em running on there systems.

I like that I could connect the Vectra to a battery back up but it’s awhile since I had a system running and I could of sworn I heard people say the boost connect thing was burning out vectras.

Also I’m not sure if this is the right place to post this kind of question? I’m working on my 220 build so I thought this thread here was appropriate.

Last edited:
I run a Varios-8 on my 200g. I two Varios-6s on two other systems as well. Overall been happy with them. I wasn’t a big fan of the COR 20 I had, and replaced it with a Varios when it died after two years.

Are you guys apposed to running 2 returns as to 1? With a larger system I like the built in redundancy of 2 pumps running at a lower flow

I love vectra pumps i have owned my first for over 4 years now a l1. Now have 2x l2 on my 750g display and a m2 on my 180g frag tank with 45g sump and honestly feel I could of gotten away with a s2 on that system.

Are you guys apposed to running 2 returns as to 1? With a larger system I like the built in redundancy of 2 pumps running at a lower flow
I’m thinking the same but i don’t want to go crazy inflation pricing has gotten out of control

I run a Varios-8 on my 200g. I two Varios-6s on two other systems as well. Overall been happy with them. I wasn’t a big fan of the COR 20 I had, and replaced it with a Varios when it died after two years.
I appreciate this info I like my apex but I’ve had issues connecting half of my equipment and I was noticing how they are cheap on core components for there equipment like the energy bar I’ve replaced twice all over a power converter

I love vectra pumps i have owned my first for over 4 years now a l1. Now have 2x l2 on my 750g display and a m2 on my 180g frag tank with 45g sump and honestly feel I could of gotten away with a s2 on that system.
I got a s2 on my 75 G and I was wondering if a M2 would handle a 220 G but you think 2 S2 could handle a 180 that’s interesting

I got a s2 on my 75 G and I was wondering if a M2 would handle a 220 G but you think 2 S2 could handle a 180 that’s interesting
No I think 1 s2 can handle a 200g.. my frag tank is 60x30x24 and soon will be 60x30x30 and bet the s1 would be fine and unless using to run reactors/ chiller/uv. M2 barley fits in bashsea sump too kinda wish went with s2 lol. And I have never run 2x pumps untill my new 750g display as one is running nothing and one runs my reactors/ skimmer/ uv...

No I think 1 s2 can handle a 200g.. my frag tank is 60x30x24 and soon will be 60x30x30 and bet the s1 would be fine and unless using to run reactors/ chiller/uv. M2 barley fits in bashsea sump too kinda wish went with s2 lol. And I have never run 2x pumps untill my new 750g display as one is running nothing and one runs my reactors/ skimmer/ uv...
I got mines for the main system and the reactors and the flow is low but i don’t run it at 100% it’s running on 50-70 %

I got mines for the main system and the reactors and the flow is low but i don’t run it at 100% it’s running on 50-70 %
I think just got I got a decent size sump to work with. So i want to have two pumps with the battery back up option with a Ecotech Marine its kinda a no brainer for me but still my experience is only a S2 and I wasn’t sure it can handle the load but youve made some interesting points maybe I’ll run two S2 or get 1 M2 with the S2

That’s a nice return pump but you my friend got a bigger budget I could never go $900 plus on a pump I’m still stressed over the money I spent on my apex and radion G4 pro from 2017
It's only $755.36 lol. Trust me I get it, everything I've ever had since 2004 has been second hand or inexpensive. Money definitely doesn't equate success in the hobby, I just wanted to treat myself to some nice German made and engineered equipment for once. I also have a slew of Jebao pumps laying around here as well just in case.

Back