Ques. (Question of the Day) Where is your favorite place to purchase fish locally?

Cpage101

Current BRS Vice President
Officer
BRS Member
I have purchased many fish over the years. I used our Sponser @LoveTheReef for many of my fish.
If you have a QT system set up and are willing to do the work Petco in Woburn, MA gets some nice SW fish from time to time. But I would never just toss them my display if purchased from there.

How about you?

+1 on All Things Aquatic. Nice folks there as well. I've also had great luck with the Petco in Mansfield. The woman there takes great care of the tanks and has been honest and candid.

Sea Creature Aquarium in North Providence. John’s stores been open for 30 years now and there’s a good reason for that. Although the selection isn’t always huge, with a simple request there’s nothing John can’t get you.

Sea Creature Aquarium in North Providence. John’s stores been open for 30 years now and there’s a good reason for that. Although the selection isn’t always huge, with a simple request there’s nothing John can’t get you.
You have to line up with John on the nights that the fish and coral come in, at least that's the way it was many years ago

You have to line up with John on the nights that the fish and coral come in, at least that's the way it was many years ago
Yee Thursday nights. He’s an awesome dude, if he doesn’t have it in stock he can get it for you. That’s my first stop shop for everything saltwater really.

Put too much into my tank to buy anything that isn’t QTd. I bought my initial load of fish from NY Aquatics and QTd them myself - fun process but I’m now over that!

Dr. Reef if I had a need for new adds but nothing seems to die so it’s been a while.

Put too much into my tank to buy anything that isn’t QTd. I bought my initial load of fish from NY Aquatics and QTd them myself - fun process but I’m now over that!

Dr. Reef if I had a need for new adds but nothing seems to die so it’s been a while.
Did Dr. Reef close down ? I bought some fish last summer and had a great experience, but I can’t find the site anymore. It also looks like he might have closed from all the bad reviews on Humble .fish last fall.

Did Dr. Reef close down ? I bought some fish last summer and had a great experience, but I can’t find the site anymore. It also looks like he might have closed from all the bad reviews on Humble .fish last fall.

Still open and I think early growing pains are past. I love the self QT stuff and if you can get a local vendor to give you the fish right in the bag on delivery, it’s even better. Benefits of a LFS for sure

All Things Aquatic here as well. Never had an issue with any fish purchased there. Tandy and Kevin run a great shop.

There’s a shocking lack of a fish store in Boston itself. Tropic Isle Aquarium in Framingham is about an hour away but very knowledgeable staff.

I live in Framingham and have been going to Tropic Isle Aquarium since 1969. I kept fresh water only until 1982. I love to go to just hang out and look at the fish.

Back