Reef Frenzy frozen food

I've been using it for a few months now. I wish there was a store close to me that carried it (I dropped a sample off at Krystal Clear, but as far as I know they aren't carrying it), but Larry has been shipping the food to me. If anyone in the Central MA area wanted to do a group buy, I would be happy to organize this.

It's good food -- we used to carry it until we were cut off because a different near-by bigger store started carrying it ( joys of being a small business :) ).

In any case, make sure you don't feed this food every day unless you have a kick-a** filtration system. If I remember correctly, while we were carrying it, Larry had recommended feeding his food on alternate days, and feeding something like pellets / flakes in the interim (because of all the vitamins + nutrients packed in Larry's food, you can run into unwanted algae / bacterial bloom issues if you feed this every day).

Hope that helps!

- Archit

I use the food and absolutely love it. I feed it every other day and nls pellets on the off day. I like to think I have good filtration but I feed it every day for 2 weeks and didn't see any blooms or raise in po4 but I think every other day works better.

It's good stuff and I know Larry's operation is bigger now so if you wanted to carry it again archit I'm sure Larry could do it. Having some place local would be awesome.

I use the food and absolutely love it. I feed it every other day and nls pellets on the off day. I like to think I have good filtration but I feed it every day for 2 weeks and didn't see any blooms or raise in po4 but I think every other day works better.

It's good stuff and I know Larry's operation is bigger now so if you wanted to carry it again archit I'm sure Larry could do it. Having some place local would be awesome.

Thanks Bryan! :)

I'm not a 100% sure if we want to carry Larry's food here anymore -- I know I converted a few customers to Larry's (we were the first ones to carry it to my knowledge), and then he did a 180 on me ... it's just a matter of time before another LFS opens close to us and I don't want to be in that situation again ...

BUT! That being said, having tried Larrys, Roggers, and Rods, we're planning to grab the best of all worlds and making our own concoction of "fish goo" :) -- more info on a separate thread at a much later time.

P.S.: Sorry OP for going off-topic!

I'm not a 100% sure if we want to carry Larry's food here anymore -- I know I converted a few customers to Larry's (we were the first ones to carry it to my knowledge), and then he did a 180 on me ... it's just a matter of time before another LFS opens close to us and I don't want to be in that situation again ...

BUT! That being said, having tried Larrys, Roggers, and Rods, we're planning to grab the best of all worlds and making our own concoction of "fish goo" :) -- more info on a separate thread at a much later time.

Its a shame that happened. I wish a lfs could carry it around here.

I'll be placing the order either this Wednesday or the week after depending on how many people want in.

Should hook up with Anthony and make a BRS Fish Goo, We make it at meeting sometimes. Anthony tastes every batch to make sure its correct.
Off topic too! Sorry

Again not helpful to the OP, but if someone set up one in Boston I would be interested.

No problem at all. The more groupbuys the better!

I'll email Larry and let him know that there might be more groupbuys in MA :D

Back