Resurrection! Redid the aquascape! and added a few more corals...

Cherokee_Dude

Non-member
After treating for Pink Cotton Candy Algae, I had to re-do the rockwork. Decided to go with a minimalist, open layout to allow for Flow and create a unique perception of 'depth'.
The left side is pretty much on the glass with a viewing window to see the Hammer. I also love that I can look through the left window pane and see All the way to a blue sponge tucked under a crag that get's a little light.
Sorry for the grainy pics, Camera battery was dead so I used my iphone.
Hope you enjoy!

photo%25203-6.JPG

photo%25201-9.JPG

photo%25202-9.JPG
photo%25203-9.JPG

photo%25201-7.JPG

Last edited:
Digging it! Rock work is killer is it many pieces or a few large ones? Can't wait to see it fill in.
Welcome back! Lol

looking good ant!
Thanks Lee! If you have a bandsaw we can probably get a few heads of these acans and trade :)

Nice looking!!
Thanks! I'm pretty happy about it!

love the rock work
Thanks, appreciate the kind words!

Very nice!
Thank you! You have recent pics of your setup? Still need more inspiration!

Very nice. How did you make the big archway? Did you use acrylic rods or something?
Thank you. No rods, just big honkin pieces and patience to find a stable configuration that I liked.

Digging it! Rock work is killer is it many pieces or a few large ones? Can't wait to see it fill in.
Welcome back! Lol
Thanks! It's pretty much just 4 large pieces except for the right side where I wanted a 'step up' effect for some zoas and encrusting montis.
lol, thanks. Yah, I'm a glutton for punishing my wallet :p

Looks good! I'm in the process of redoing my rock works as well. Like you I'm doing an open theme as well.

Looks good! I'm in the process of redoing my rock works as well. Like you I'm doing an open theme as well.
Cool. I saw you selling a ton of coral, I was hoping you were just re-doing the scape. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with :cool:.

Ant i just got a new wireless dremel would that work? lol
You have a diamond blade? I'm sure it would work, we would just need to go slow... Always up for a trade :)

Saw this in person just the other day. The pictures hardly do it justice. Beautiful tank. Oh and thanks for the frags they look awesome.

This are pics of the Right side... Left Side coming :)
Here's what the Brain looks like fully inflated and recovered...

IMG_2740.JPG

Leng Sy {Aquaman}
IMG_3529.JPG

Last edited:
quick question as i have gotten mixed information on this, how long have you kept scolys, and do they have a short life span in general in your experience?

Back