Resurrection! Redid the aquascape! and added a few more corals...

Looking great Antwon!! (the tank i.e. ;) hahaha)

quick question as i have gotten mixed information on this, how long have you kept scolys, and do they have a short life span in general in your experience?

I wouldn't consider scolies to have a short life span ... I personally know people that have kept them for many years! In rare occasions they can get infection(s) if something is bugging them, and/or random event of nature ... but as long as you place them correctly, and monitor to make sure nothing (other corals / inverts / sand storms) is bugging them, they're relatively easy to care for :) It is highly recommended that you feed them at least once a week ... and when you do this, you need to be careful no inverts are going to come and steal the food out of their mouth, etc.

Looking great Antwon!! (the tank i.e. ;) hahaha)

I wouldn't consider scolies to have a short life span ... I personally know people that have kept them for many years! In rare occasions they can get infection(s) if something is bugging them, and/or random event of nature ... but as long as you place them correctly, and monitor to make sure nothing (other corals / inverts / sand storms) is bugging them, they're relatively easy to care for :) It is highly recommended that you feed them at least once a week ... and when you do this, you need to be careful no inverts are going to come and steal the food out of their mouth, etc.

I was going to ask the same thing! Those scolys look awesome!! Not sure if you already posted this, but how big is your tank?

Keep up the good work man! :)

Higor

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Sorry for the late responses guys. Not sure why my notification is not working correctly. :shrug:
Higor - I have a 120 Tech Tank 4x2x2.

As far as the Scolys, I feed once a month directly and keep in a low flow area under T5's. They seem very happy and are always inflated.

Archit - Thanks for the kind words, waiting on the next shipment from you ;)

I'm really enjoying the tank now that I've gotten away from the whole 'frag' business... Keeping my display is work enough. Plus, I enjoy trading much better... win-win!

IMG_3453.JPG
IMG_3630.JPG
IMG_3641.JPG
IMG_3642.JPG
IMG_3640.JPG

Wow great photography. That bird's nest is inspiring I have never seen one with such vivid color. I'm going to have to see your tank again in person in the near future. I talk to your father in law all the time about your tank and how it inspired a lot of decisions for my current tank and still does.

looking good ant!
Thanks Lee! You still have Acans FT? I think I'm hooked again :p

Wow great photography. That bird's nest is inspiring I have never seen one with such vivid color. I'm going to have to see your tank again in person in the near future. I talk to your father in law all the time about your tank and how it inspired a lot of decisions for my current tank and still does.
Thanks Mike! You're welcome anytime, just give me a call if you're in the area.

Great Looking tank! what are you using for lighting on that bad boy?
Thank you sir! I'm using an 8 bulb t5-ho light. Tek Light to be specific.

Actinic/Blue Plus/Coral +/Blue Plus/Fiji Purple/Coral +/Actinic/Blue Plus

Dude, ur tank looks sick! :)
Awesome work!

Thanks Higor, It's been a while I see you've been busy :) Hope you're family is doing well.

Thanks Higor, It's been a while I see you've been busy :) Hope you're family is doing well.

U know, I was looking back at all the posts I have ever done in BRS, and I realized u were one of the first person (if not the first! :)) I ever sold a frag to back in 2007 from my first Reef Tank... Pretty cool! ;)

Higor
Sent from my Galaxy S4

U know, I was looking back at all the posts I have ever done in BRS, and I realized u were one of the first person (if not the first! :)) I ever sold a frag to back in 2007 from my first Reef Tank... Pretty cool! ;)

Higor
Sent from my Galaxy S4

That is pretty cool! I remember your tank too... The first time I saw a B/W and Orange Ocellaris and that cool Banghii Cardinal that spawned in your sump :)
Thx again!

Back