Ro water

bettez8789

BRS Member
Hello everyone I want to look into making my own ro water but not sure what one to look at I don’t want to waste a lot of water so what’s the options I have for me I do 22 gallons or more a week water changes in my 220 does one hook to your kitchen faucet or does it have to be a house unit thanks for everyone info and thank you for your time

My experience tells me that all RODI system are the same (some brand name cost more but still do the same job). i think what matter most is the filter cartridges

My experience tells me that all RODI system are the same (some brand name cost more but still do the same job). i think what matter most is the filter cartridges
For the most part I agree, the filter media is more important. Most systems have the same waste to usable water ratio.

If you're on a well you may need to add a booster pump. I believe they work best at 60 PSI.
I heard those booster pumps are worth while and that it lowers the amount of waste water produced.

Check out Bulk Reef Supply, they have some helpful videos.

All RODI units will make a bunch of waste water. Most units around :14 good:waste thoughtbere are a few that claim 1:2. You can also use the waste water for a variety of things though 88gala is alot to handle.

Check your sinks. Most standard sinks have a threaded connector you can connect to though some high end or designer faucets may not. A laundry lookup may also work.

What’s a booster pump
A small pump that increases the the water pressure. RODI essentially forces water through filter media which only works with high enough water pressure, typically 40psi+ is good and more if you want to use double RO membranes

I bought “Max Water” rodi 75gpd on Amazon. I’ve had it for like 5 years and never had a problem with it.

If you get a bulkreef rodi unit you can also add the water saver package which will reduce the waste water. You can use the waste water to fill your washer, to fill a bucket for your garden, top off a pool/pond. The options are not limited.

If you have a laundry room you can connect there too. I prefer that over pipe piercing or sink faucet connecting in the kitchen.

My 6 stage BRS water saver plus is 6 or 7 years old now, still runs perfectly. Fairly sure it's still close to a 1:2 ratio. I have a well, and use a booster pump, and run the system at 75>80 PSI which I believe is the BRS reccomend pressure

I bought mine at airwaterice.com years and years ago. I also bought a permeate pump from them.

I bought from an air water and ice as well. I upgraded with another membrane to a 200gpd with a booster pump. Summer water production is great, slows down a lot with cold water.

I think they all do. Once the temperature of the incoming water drops, RO\DI units do not produce as much clean water.

Back