RODI shutoff valve.

eSoteric

less fish = more corals
SO recently i moved, the condo i moved into already has established systems and a RODI system

The unit is a maxxima RoDi unit and i wanted to add a auto shutoff valve so i can use my 58 gallon drum with the float switch.

this is the shutoff im using

Auto Shut off vavle

The problem im having is i have installed the valve correctly, but it never seems to stop producing waste water? ( it comes close sometimes, then the waster water starts going again full blast)

the only possible thing i can think of at the moment is that one of the carbon prefilters o rings may be damaged. Im really fustrated with this thing as i have tried everything i can think of. anyone else have any similar prob when trying to install the auto shut off?

I'd be willing to bet that the water pressure where you are at isn't up to par. Get a booster pump and your issue will go away. This just happened to my boss. He was wondering why his septic was overflowing so often. Come to find out his pressure was low and his waste water was pumping 24/7.

currently one of the other units on this line reads 40psi. when i run my unit it im running it off the water supply by it self.

Steve probabally nailed this one, but....

if nothing else or if the booster pump doesn't fix it (and it's hooked up via a garden hose hookup), you can use a sprinkler timer from HD/Lowes and set it so that the supply water only comes on for a short time a few times a day (experiment so that you can get the durations just long enough to keep up with evaporation).

Also, this is obvious and I'm sure you've checked, but be sure that the shut off valve is set up right and you don't have the connections wrong somehow.

jk

I would also check to see that you have a check valve installed on the product water line. This is to stop the product water from migrating back through the resin and out the waste water line which will cause a drop in pressure on the product line and cause the valve to turn back on. It ends up making it cycle on and off.

-Jeremy

Back