Salt special but not so special but conveinent

alsie1

Non-member
That Dr.F & S site has a 10% off Red Tag sale on Reef Crystals & Instant Ocean - 160 gal buckets for $32.39 & $28.79 and standard ship of $7.99 or $8.99 and waving the extra shipping charge. Think it's the regular price you can find around here (include shipping charge) but might be conveinent for some not lugging it and paying the Volpe thing. If anyone has seen better please state for some of us that might need salt. I'm going to order unless something is better locally.

There's usually some store around here selling 200g boxes of IO for $35. Not sure if anyone's got that price right now. Check Skiptions.

skiptons usually has it at that price or better. I bought about 8 boxes of the 200G when it was on sale, call -b- and see what he can do for ya.

I don't mind online orders but if a lfs has a better price plus knowledge :) you cant beat it...

Agree using local shops

I agree that we should support our sponsors and local stores whenever possable and I do but there are times that it is just common sense to do a little shopping online when the savings are really substantial. Got to admit I have no problem heading north to see my kid & grankids and stop in at A A on the way back and enjoy gabbing with Joe & Mike (lucky to catch Junior when he's there) and have bought quite a bit up to date due to good quality and reasonable prices and will continue to do so. I remember a while back when PETCO screwed up on no delivery charge at all & many were buying really large quantities and heard no gripes back then. I think this is a toss up for me and will get mine locally but for some having a UPS guy do all the lugging to your front door isn't too bad either. Got to admit that I've never been to Medford and just hate heading into that Metro area but will do it some day. Just thought it was worth while for some to know. I use IO and love the new screw tops they now have.

Thanks for the tip! I just ordered 4 buckets of IO for $31.50 each with shipping.

I agree about using local shops, and I do when I can. But lately I've been super busy with family and work, I haven't had a chance. And I use a lot of salt. So it's nice to have someone else lug it to my door!

-Patrick

thats not too bad at all for mail order of something that heavy...im surprised.

clamm said:
thats not too bad at all for mail order of something that heavy...im surprised.

No kidding! I keep expecting an email from them telling me it's a mistake and the shipping is really $60!! It works out to be $2.75 shipping for each for the 4 buckets.

Last edited:
Back