Sea World

vinny

BRS Member
I went up their today and bought some fish they had a lot to choose from and looked like they were in pretty good shape, but one thing struck me when I got home and started acclamaiting them.I checked their salt level and it was BELOW 1.016 maybe .014 to .015 so I checked mine and it was 1.025 so I brought mine down to 1.022.This took me a while to aclamate the fish the first cup of my water almost shocked the fish,thats what made me to check the salt.Is their level to low or is that some thing you can get away with without hurting the fish.This is not to say anything bad about them I didn't see one dead fish.

A LFS's salinity can drop if they sell alot of fish (and fill alot of bags) and the auto-top off refills with ro/di. I would suspect that it would change pretty slowly if this was the reason.

hello to all concerned we at sea world are always striving to sell quality fish to our consumers. we are in close contact with leading aquarium experts and we beleive that adjusting marine salinity, as a temporary basis .prevents any possibility of parasitic outbreaks, as we are constantly turning over new stock, most of wich arrives from natural oceanic conditions. we reccomend that u take at least 1 hour acclimating your new arrivals and quarantining them in a hospital type aquarium before introducing them into your main tank. thanks sea world employee.

Back