Seeing more and more

firstimer

Non-member
im starting to see so many folks now and days.. they sit on this site, hunt for breakdowns. Buys something for 50 bucks and tries to sell it the next day for 100. Lol... what happened to enjoying the hobby ? Thoughts ?

It's the day and age of Amazon buying lol. I don't know, I would much rather pay a local guy for livestock he's conditioned and taken care of than pay a retailer more. But most people are interested in exploiting the individual for a couple bucks.

Pretty sure OP was talking about reefers scouring the boards for break downs, getting stuff ridiculously cheap, and flipping it right away for 2x to 10x the cost.

Having been on the business side of the things, I can tell you things aren't as rainbows and fairies when getting stuff from wholesalers as a lot of reefers think. Yes, traditional markup on livestock "used" to be 100% to 200%. But if you take into account the casualties from bad shipments to shipment delays to "that un-foreseen thing" ... that markup is barely enough.

None the less, I'm not going to go into the specifics of true costs of operating a fish store as for most people (50% of the time myself included), their own bottom line is all that matters. Plus that is not what OP is discussing, so no need to de-rail :)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

VE4vHyx.gif

if they read the rules they would know its not allowed
just like selling more than 2 tanks a year 2 is the max for the year
just sayen i watch and see it all

I haven't ever done this but I don't have a problem with it. People sell setups as "must buy everything" because it's a ton of work to sell items individually - lots of communications and lots of pickup appointments. In my opinion, someone who buys a bundle of stuff and then does the work to sell items individually deserves to be compensated for the time and effort required to do so.

I haven't ever done this but I don't have a problem with it. People sell setups as "must buy everything" because it's a ton of work to sell items individually - lots of communications and lots of pickup appointments. In my opinion, someone who buys a bundle of stuff and then does the work to sell items individually deserves to be compensated for the time and effort required to do so.
Plus one on this !

Plus one on this !
Its not that stuff it's the turds who take the free stuff and mega deals from people who are dirt poor and sell it back on the forum. Eff those guys. It's not like they understand what it's like to be a recipient of said "deals" and actually be in desperate need for that. If you have the cash flow and time to deconstruct a WHOLE SYSTEM that was sold, then yea I hope you make some money back. Chances are though they will be paying in time in whatever they save in physical cash. (time = money) So really they're just transmuting time into cash.

Back