semi-terrestrial creatures

kams56

Non-member
I am in the process of setting up my tank so that some of the rock will be exposed and i was wondering what type of (reef safe) creatures spend time out of the water, I would like to get some that do. but right now i am drawing a complete blank and all i can think of is hermit crabs, i know there are other types of crabs but i can't remember there names, are there other things that are semi terrestrial?

i thought of that but if i remember correctly dont they do best in brackish water or can they do full salt

First off, I was to go on record saying that I'm really liking the sound of this tank setup. I mean assuming my imagination is close to what you are doing. Will there be any mangroves?

I'm trying to think of what inter-tidal critters I recall seeing when I am at the beach. All I can think of are snails, crabs, chitons and urchins.

Someone on this forum has a tank with the rock out of the water I would do a search for it and then pm some questions to him.

yahh the volcano tank was my inspiration and i just set it up. does look bad but i have way to much rock im going to need to get some smaller peices before i head back to school. will try to post a pic once i get the lights going again

Back