Showpeice fish

kams56

Non-member
hi i was wondering what people had as showpeice fishes in ther tanks? just got a new tank and am looking for a show fish, as of now i have a pink anthias and a scopas tang, any suggestions will greatly appreciated too

What size tank? Could rule out some larger fish.

What kind of corals do you have? Could rule out fish that like to nip certain types of corals.

Do you have a top on the tank? I have gotten on a wrasse kick lately and most are seen as jumpers so without a top or screen they could end up on the floor. I have a Melanarus and a Mystery Wrasse that are my favorites in my tank.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's nearly impossible to give any good recommendations without knowing anything about your tank, most particularly size and whether it's a reef. I personally am a wrasse fan and would suggest if you have a smaller reef tank to go with one of the fairy or flasher wrasses. This one for example has always caught my eye:
prod_display.cfm

Had a potters angel in my 40 breeder as my centerpiece.

Giving more info on the tank the fish would be housed in, will be very helpful.

sorry forgot thought i had put it in but i have a 65 right now but i am setting up a 125 or that will be up and running next yr, but it will be a reef tank not likely to be many sps if any, mostly/all lps softies and zoas

Emperor Angel fish is my show piece, I had 2 with a queen in my 180 until the juvi grew up and I had to sell the adult........................

The only problem with the large angels is that they are almost all prone to nip at coral.

Back