Since I'm a newbie again, here's a newbie question

Bring me a sample Tuesday or Wednesday and I'll test it with my photometer. Just lmk if you are going to bring it and what day so I can bring the meter.

>Well I did find a seachem phophate test kit. I had just bought it before the crash. It read .05 or slightly less according to the color chart.
Think the kit is still good Greg?<

I don't really know how long that test kit's good for. Hanna test seems to be the one to use these days, it's quite accurate (I checked it once with lab prepared samples and spikes of PO4). The club has one now and we test people's water at the meeting.

OK, so not only do I not have stink, but I'm not even getting algea on the glass...I think it's just waiting. One day I'll be standing next to it, looking, wondering why it's not cycleing..... and it'll explode.

Great thread,
nice to see you back at it Darren.
I do love the Just plug it all back in add water and see what happens approach... it's so ...Um ...so ....you :D Caviler we'll call it.

I'm throwing a $10 citron goby to his death, I mean into the tank. That should get some kind of a cycle started I hope.

Oh ya, thanks Marco.

Really, I just wanted to get some water moving around again. I'm hoping to be out of this townhouse by this time next year, so I just wanted some stuff to be ready when I do the real set up.

Another thing that might have an effect here. I had 2 rubbermaid bins of rock, sitting in saltwater and covered for that entire time(2 years). I put them in the 40 breeder, no sand, and it's tied into the 75.

Mini black hole? My ex-wife is a HUGE black hole.

oh, the cern project black hole...sorry, my bad.

bought some test kits today. po4 is 0 nitrate is through the roof. the kit reads up to 2, it was darker than that.

Back