Skimmer recommendation for coralife biocube 29

ebattistoni

Non-member
I have a friend's aunt who needs a skimmer for her coralife biocube 29. (I personally had the bio cube 14 and ran the coralife skimmer and was not impressed. The airstone imo was a pain and it didn't really skim that great).

I need a recommendation for an easy to take care of skimmer that can fit in the compartment and does not require any mods. She is not technical whatsoever--she is a wonderful person but coaching her reminds me of trying to teach my grandmother how to use a remote for the TV.

Has anyone has experience with the aquatics life nanos?

Any help for a recommendation or if anyone is selling one let me know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If she can do 10% water change per week, she can skip the skimmer for a biocube 29.
Also she can skip dosing as well by keeping LPS and soft coral.

Hi dong! Thanks. I don't think she is doing the water changes regularly. I'm not sure which LFS told her it was ok to have 5 fish in the tank that is less than 6 months old. Probably the same one that told her it's ok to cycle a brand new tank on day 1 with three fish.

I had her do a 20% today then told her to tell me the parameters. My plan is to have her do small 3 gallon water changes. Her nitrates, amm, and nitrites are elevated, salinity was 1.028.

Here is a pic she sent of the gold dust paly full colony I gave her two weeks ago and the Venus fly traps. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434941275.342250.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1434941299.157294.jpg

The pulsing Xenia all melted. And I am not sure about the Kenya or other little zoas I gave her. She told me it was all in check a couple weeks ago. Any help is appreciated.

I have her increasing her flow. The LFS sold her a Koralia 425 nano, I recommended the jebao rw4 or wp25 as a good starter. She has PC lighting and wants to keep corals. The tank is a hot mess. I have been coaching her through. But yikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back