something on my new acro - need help!

nickyblase

Non-member
Hi all,

I've got an acro that I just noticed tonight has some white spots on it. My first thought is AEFW, but while I am in the process of dipping (as we speak), I noticed that the white spots on the acro almost look like tiny little feather dusters that have burrowed into the acro skeleton. A few seconds after I put it in the dip, these white spots started to pulsate in & out, with what (sort of) looked like the end of a tiny feather duster.

Is this possible? I've never had AEFW, so I am not sure what I'm dealing with here.

Could it be anything else? I don't have my camera handy at the moment, so unfortunately I can't get a pic.

barnacles or feather dusters is what it sounds like, pics would be a great help though.

well, the more I look at it, I think they were feather dusters. BUT.... while I was dipping, I found an acro crab! :( I didn't realize it was on there until I was done with the Lugol's and did a 5 second fwd/rinse. It jumped right off.

I grabbed it as quickly as I could, and put it back in the saltwater qt with the acro. Somehow it's still alive! He sat there in the open for a minute, and then went right back onto his acro.

Is it possible that he'll live??

well, the more I look at it, I think they were feather dusters. BUT.... while I was dipping, I found an acro crab! :( I didn't realize it was on there until I was done with the Lugol's and did a 5 second fwd/rinse. It jumped right off.

I grabbed it as quickly as I could, and put it back in the saltwater qt with the acro. Somehow it's still alive! He sat there in the open for a minute, and then went right back onto his acro.

Is it possible that he'll live??
Yeah he may be ok depending on the amount of chemicals you used & how long!! Good luck!!
B

Hmm good point Brian - they may be vermetid snails. I'll have to see if I can get a macro pic when I get back from the wedding.

Would they harm the acro (other than the fact that they're boring into it's skeleton)?

Thanks for the tip.

By the way - all the frags I got from you look AWESOME. They have colored up really well. :)

Back