supporting long strands of PVC?

SharkLover

T5 LPS
I was wondering what everyone uses to support long strands of PVC. I want to add support to the colored PVC I have labeled in this picture. My hopes is to line the PVC against 2 walls, so it will have to go around the wall, I won't have to drill into through the wall (keeps the landlord happy) and I won't trip on anything. (I'm clumsy afterall).

supportpvc-1.jpg

Is the green line a return line, or a drain line?

My advice would be to design things a bit better so you don't have to worry about really long horizontal pieces of PVC...

also, is the red line to the display tank a return line or a drain line?

reds closed loop, blues drain. The complete setup is here. But i'm just asking about supports for pvc. This pictures doesn't include my closed loop system. And the skimmer will be in a 10 gallon taht will drain into the sump if it overflows

plumbing-1.jpg

I'm taking off to home depot in about an hour when I get out of work. I'd like to avoid using anything metal. And i'm open to suggestions from anyone. I know its short notice but if anyone has had to deal with this issue please chime in.

Thanks in advance.

-Anthony

I have a 50+ foot run of drain and return between my 72 and my fish room. I used standard metal pipe hangers...for nearly a year...zero issues

I'd agree with Jay, metal hangers should be fine unless your plumbing is leaking ;)

Back