tank is all done cycled!!!

stanski13

Non-member
i waited 3 weeks and my tank is finally done. i just tested my water and my ammonia and nitrites are at zero!! I have one question my nitrates are around 20ppm how do i lower that and how low should it be for a FOWLR tank? do i do water changes? Also what should i get for a clean up crew? Mexican turbo snails and some others...? should i put a fish in there to if so what kind? Im excited!!::

+1 for starting slow but nitrates at 20ppm for a newly cycled tank is fine and I wouldn't worry about that. They should lower on their own in time... Did you notice that the nitrates spiked and then lowered? If you've seen that in testing you should be all set...

I'm pretty sure I'm going to start of with a pair of clowns. Does it matter If I get one clownfish ocellaris and like a maroon clown fish?

I'm pretty sure I'm going to start of with a pair of clowns. Does it matter If I get one clownfish ocellaris and like a maroon clown fish?

Try to go with two of the same. I have two tomato clowns and they are angry as spit.....maroons are supposed to be more angy than the tomato's I think....

i think im heading to jays aquatics tomorrow for my clean up crew. what do you guys think i should get?

Back