tank leak???? Please help a buddy out..... :(

That tanks looks like it's in or near your kitchen, I'd strongly consider a bean animal overflow if you want a totally silent drain that is just foolproof. You'd need an extra hole, 4 X 1 inch holes can handle just about as much flow as you can throw at it. Reef savvy also sells complete units as ghost overflows.

Cutting holes yourself is very easy. I grabbed a bit, watched a YouTube video and I'm 12 for 12 on cutting holes in my 40b and 125. I think thicker glass is easier to drill assuming you don't rush it. That said, if you are paying someone to do a transfer and install I'm sure they can cut holes to. May as well pay at that point.

Best of luck and look forward to seeing pics of the new build!

Just check the glass if it is tempered before starting. There are youtube vids you can watch that will show you how to check the panes.

OK I'll check if tempered. I think it's not. No etching or labels or polarizing. I am thinking a single 1" return with an internal splitter in the water to point flow left and right. This would be top dead center. Then I'm thinking a 1" drain on the left and right side. Far left side drain, middle return and then 20" from right side a drain. 20" of tank will be exposed on one side in open floor plan exposing front and back of tank beyond wall and I want plumbing to start before that.

Last edited:
Yes John I ended up getting a nice overflow box. It requires two 3" holes. I also got some 3/4" bulkheads and flex link tubes for my 2 adjustable returns. I need to get someone to drill two 3" holes and two 1 1/2" holes so I can plumb this all in and be ready for my tank swap!!!!! I'm anxious

Back