Tank Raised Clowns

monti1

Non-member
Anyone out there have any luck getting tank raised clowns to host an anenome? I have2 tank raised and a nice gbta and would love to see it happen. Any tips?

No tips for you, the 2 I picked up 2 weeks ago from Tia hosted with in 1 hour. I think it's hit or miss???

over several years I've had or put in other peoples tanks tank raised clowns from 5-6 different people/vendors & all were hosting machines. The only tank raised clowns I've seen more commonly hesitant to host were black & whites.

not sure if was the right thing to do but after about a week of not going near the aneome i just followed the fish around with my hand to the anemone and when it got near it i would not let it swim away and kept making it get closer and closer until it finally swam into the aneome and he/she has never came back out. prior to this it was getting beat up by the larger clown i have and the 2 yt damsels. when it went into the anemone it started to defend itself and the anemone almost immediatly. all tolled time was about 12 minutes to acomplish this. Again not sure if it was the right thing to do but it is home now and the larger clown has the larger anemone and now and then the 2 get together for brief moments then back to their respective anemomes which by the way are only separated by about 12 inches apart. no more fighting either. not sure if it matters but the larger clown is a true perc.

Back