tankmate help

Ovil

Non-member
I have a 55 gal. reef w/ a pair of clowns, bi-color blenny, strawberry dottyback, also cleaner shrimp and a coral banded. I wanted to add another fish since i loss my chalk bass the other night. I'm need some suggestion. Please note i have a open top, so no jumpers.

copperband butterfly maybe, the tank seems calm enough that it wouldn't be scared of eating but still pretty risky. i think i might put one in my 55 down the road sometime.

Welp,I had a nice Coral Beauty in my 55 with no issues.
I still have her in my 90 gallon.She nipped at the nepthea once in a while,that was it.
Great personality,and a nice splash if blue purple.They don't get too big also.
Could try a Flame Angel also,if you're into Reds.
Just keep in mind,some will nip corals,others don't.

Stingythingy, I had a cherub angel and had no problem but i only had softy in the tank. He/she was one of my favorites. I was thinking about getting another one, but I looking for something different. If all fails i'll grab another one or like you said beauty or flame.

the first site i went to had them starting @ 159-199. another site had them going for 70 which makes more scene.

yeah, it was either skiptons or jays aquatics that had one in stock a while ago for $90, so i would expect you to find one retail not online somewhere for $100. my thinking goes like this. i have a 55 also, and since i can't keep very many fish, i should keep a few really nice expensive ones!

you make a good point jayman. I never looked at it that way. But for me i rather send 100 and a nice coral or a few corals.

Stingythingy, I had a cherub angel and had no problem but i only had softy in the tank. He/she was one of my favorites. I was thinking about getting another one, but I looking for something different. If all fails i'll grab another one or like you said beauty or flame.

The dwarf angels do add a nice moving splash of color.

Back