Terrible experience with AquaCave!

alex1977

Non-member
Hi fellas - I just wanted to let everyone know about a terrible experience I've had with AquaCave - first and only time I will order from there.

I placed a large order that included a pinpoint pH probe that they shipped DRY and was not working upon arrival. I returned it; they claim it works and that it's my monitor. Enrico at AquaCave seemed to have no clue about the fact that pH probes can't be shipped dry, and told me that because it worked for them, they would issue no refund and I'd have to pay shipping - AGAIN - to return back to me. The order was for over $1000, since I also bought a pendant, and they refused to even give me 40$ STORE CREDIT so that I could get an Apex controller, which I've been wanting to get. I did not see the return policy, and I was going by their "famous 100% satisfaction guarantee," which apparently means absolutely nothing. In fact, when I called their attention to it, Enrico told me " yes, well, it's been there and I just haven't asked the webmaster to take it down. It's costs a lot of money every time they update the website." Nice.

What store in 2009 will not let you return an item??? And this while they lie blatantly with a meaningless satisfaction guarantee! I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and I will be following up on this, but needless to say, I would advise anyone to stay away. It's not worth the hassle.

Wow...

I ordered from them one time and everything went very smooth, however; after reading this I doubt I'll order from them again.

I've ordered from them once.. and everything went fine. It wasn't a big order though.. discussion removed. Please just report firsthand experiences. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow i just ordered a 500.00 skimmer from them 3 days ago.... had i seen this i would have ordered from another vendor. i would agree with an order that big they should eat a little of the cost as well.

I have ordered from Aqua Cave at least a dozen times and have always been very happy with their service and prices. You might want to check out and make inquiries on their thread in the vendor section of RC as disputes are usually handled well there.

I'm surprised :: I ordered my Octopus NWB-150 from them a week ago and it arrived with no problem. I think the issue here is just their customer service and not their products. Good luck :(

I ordered form them once. The name on the shipping label wasn't my name but everything else ok. Their customer service not so great tho.

Yeah, exactly. The products are not the issue - the issue is the customer service. When you spend more than $1,000, you'd think they wouldn't give you an issue returning a $40 item! They never gave in - I eventually just went through the credit card, and got the $40 refunded from the credit card.

So, to me the lesson learned was - never buy from AquaCave thinking "well, it'll probably all be fine" because *if* it isn't, you have no customer service to rely on. And additionally, if you have problems, do get your credit card involved.

Back