Feel terrible for those reefers in the central US without power that have lost everything due to power outages.

Some quick thinking can go a long way also......people can take some hot hands that we all use for shipping, and are readily available anywhere, put them in a container of water inside our tanks to maintain temps.....wont be optimal but has saved me a couple times

Yup. We had that major storm in mass years ago and was without power for 13 days, Im lucky my friend had an extra generator till I could finally buy one. Never without it now, I test it every fall to make sure its working. Having backup power is critical to both your family and your tanks. Most people also don't realize that your tank heaters take a lot of electricity so you need to have a good size generator just to keep your tank up to temp, especially if you don't have the heat in your house on.

Saltwater aquarium sent out a massive care package to alot of the hobbiest out in tex they sent heaters bat operated air stones and lots of other things I will now support saltwater aquarium for good now only company to send help to the reefers in tex

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210220-091338_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20210220-091338_Instagram.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 177
  • Screenshot_20210220-091332_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20210220-091332_Instagram.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 185
Some quick thinking can go a long way also......people can take some hot hands that we all use for shipping, and are readily available anywhere, put them in a container of water inside our tanks to maintain temps.....wont be optimal but has saved me a couple times
When ur out of power for 4 days and Temps are 30 in houses handwarmers are not going to save anything

Yup. We had that major storm in mass years ago and was without power for 13 days, Im lucky my friend had an extra generator till I could finally buy one. Never without it now, I test it every fall to make sure its working. Having backup power is critical to both your family and your tanks. Most people also don't realize that your tank heaters take a lot of electricity so you need to have a good size generator just to keep your tank up to temp, especially if you don't have the heat in your house on.
The thing is Texas has not ever had this type of cold us from mass are used to it but they don't even have plows they had to import plows from other places the wind turbines froze they are not producing power solar isn't producing power the oil industry can't support the massive influcs of power because they relied to much on the supplement of solar an wind but with wind an solar being out there is no heat in most people houses and they were not prepared for this in anyway and I don't blame them when the hell would anyone of thought it would be 20 degrees in Texas lmao

Some quick thinking can go a long way also......people can take some hot hands that we all use for shipping, and are readily available anywhere, put them in a container of water inside our tanks to maintain temps.....wont be optimal but has saved
it is sad but everyone knows if you invest that much into your hobby. $500-700 for a generator is cheap insurance. I lost power once and went out and bought one JIC.
Why would Texas think they would get snow and have freezing pipes it's Texas we are talking about not mass mass has things inplace Texas wouldn't due to not having snow before sh** they don't even own plows plows came from other states to help I feel like mass people don't understand Texas has never dealt with this type of cold before ever WHT would anyone expect to have this happen

The thing is Texas has not ever had this type of cold us from mass are used to it but they don't even have plows they had to import plows from other places the wind turbines froze they are not producing power solar isn't producing power the oil industry can't support the massive influcs of power because they relied to much on the supplement of solar an wind but with wind an solar being out there is no heat in most people houses and they were not prepared for this in anyway and I don't blame them when the hell would anyone of thought it would be 20 degrees in Texas lmao
Dont believe the nonsense about the wind turbines and solar power. That's propaganda from the big Texas oil industry.

Holy Giant run on sentance.

I don't think anyone here said anything political. The unfortunate reality is that the Texas generation system is not reliably set up to handle cold weather. It's foolish to blame it on solar and wind which Supply about a quarter of the electricity when natural gas lines froze so that they could not produce electricity which account for about 45%.of Texas electricity. It was erroneous by the governor to suggest that it was wind and solar that caused the issues. Nothing in Texas is set up to handle the cold. There are wind turbines in Upstate New York that work fine as they are set up to detect and handle icing situations. Texas does not have that system as freezing temperatures are rare. And yes power outages can happen anywhere as refers we should all have generators or backup power sources

Man did sh** go sideways in texas. Seems like they all forgot how to camp. And yes, a generator is a must have piece of equipment. The loss of aquatic life was horrendous. My heart bleeds watching the vids.

Back