the first signs

J

jokersplayground

of your clownfish ready to breed. mine keep picking at the base of my nem and sometimes i only see her doing it. i also see her shaking on the area the she has been picking at and the male just chills there as a look out. but when i get to close they run and if i leave them alone for hours apon hours and i check back there is no eggs. could this be the first signs of them getting ready?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had my clowns for over 5 years and unfortunately have never seen any eggs or any activity like that.

heres a pic of both of them

Attachments

• 100_0768.png
    100_0768.png
    181.9 KB · Views: 161
heres a cool pic of the male

Attachments

• 100_0765.png
    100_0765.png
    193.3 KB · Views: 168
The behavior you describe sounds a lot like what you'll see when they do lay eggs, but it's also common to see it for quite a long time before they actually start laying eggs. Feed them well and be patient.

The behavior you describe sounds a lot like what you'll see when they do lay eggs, but it's also common to see it for quite a long time before they actually start laying eggs. Feed them well and be patient.

thank you johnk i cant wait. im gunna try and raise them

They might eat the first batch of eggs. They do that till they are satisfied with their eggs.

They might eat the first batch of eggs. They do that till they are satisfied with their eggs.

thank you for the heads up. i would have prob fliped when i would have seen it. lol

I've been there before. Saw a black and white pair laid eggs then they ate the eggs.

Back