The Ten Years Tank

Gina McReeferson

My sweet Baby David
It seems I have been working on this for ten years(at least that is what the girl always says). She is 8' long 2' wide and 2' deep(the tank not the girl). I built EVERYTHING, some things I even built twice(oops). I will post a couple pics of during construction, even though she is up and running I still have some finnish work to do so I won't post a finnished pic until she is finnished even though she is looking much better than in these two pics.

Attachments

• P1100048 (Medium).JPG
    P1100048 (Medium).JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 468
pic 2

here is a pic a little closer to now....
about three months ago, if you look close you can see a damsel or two.... (look silly in that big empty tank)
that is a twenty gallon in the front of the tank, you can get a better idea of size with the reference....

Attachments

• P1180002 (Medium).JPG
    P1180002 (Medium).JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 454
Wow...that is awesome looking...

I like the "little" 20 gallon in there....what is going to be in that?

Also, in the first pic, what are those two tubes in the stand for?

Missed the 10 year thing....

Hmmm...I think maybe you took the record away from Moe. :p

(Sorry, Moe, I couldn't resist :eek:)

Two Tubes

Thank you, Still haven't really made a final decision on small tank contents...
Any Ideas?
You have a sharp eye to pick out those two tubes, I didn't even notice them. They were used to build two fluidized sand bed filters that were phased out before they were even hooked up. Built them, set em' up, and now they make great dust collectors in the back room. They sure looked like they would work great!

Attachments

• P2070008 (Medium).JPG
    P2070008 (Medium).JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 433
what is th ethickness of the glass you used? can we get a detail pic of the glass, thanks- your tank looks great

Thickness

maxfischer said:
what is th ethickness of the glass you used? can we get a detail pic of the glass, thanks- your tank looks great

Its 1/2" thick glass. I'll post another pic or two a little later...

I like the look of the stand, well built! Is it mahogany or cherry stained wood? How many gallons is the tank?

stand

steevareno said:
I like the look of the stand, well built! Is it mahogany or cherry stained wood? How many gallons is the tank?

The stand is birch plywood stained with Minwax Polyshades, dark cherry satin. The tank is 240 gallons.

The NAME

steevareno said:
Does she have a name?

I'm not sure, though, I remember while still under construction, the girl often referred to it as "that damn thing!", now that it's running she has certainly changed her toon.:rolleyes:

Back