There goes an hour of my life!

One Eye

former vp of pr
I was glueing a frag in place in the main tank. My clown fish were attacking my hand of course. One of them nipped the bottom of the frag and superglued it’s mouth shut. :p:p:p

It took me an hour to catch him, hold him in my hand and remove the glue.

Then I went back to glueing the frag in place.....little sh** bit me.

I was glueing a frag in place in the main tank. My clown fish were attacking my hand of course. One of them nipped the bottom of the frag and superglued it’s mouth shut. :p:p:p

Had the same thing happen to my trigger

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Will this super glue mouth shut work on my wife? Or even better my 14 year daughter?

That's funny :) Never happened to me, but I have heard it happening before and usually it just comes off by it self. At least it didn't lose any meals with you helping him!

Will this super glue mouth shut work on my wife? Or even better my 14 year daughter?

You may consider using epoxy instead of super glue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. I had a Green spotted puffer in a previous nano reef. Little bugger would do the same. Each time it fell off in about two days. After the second time, I took Dongs advice :)

Agreed. I had a Green spotted puffer in a previous nano reef. Little bugger would do the same. Each time it fell off in about two days. After the second time, I took Dongs advice :)
Can't use epoxy for everything though. Even Dong doesn't do it. It's not practical to use epoxy for SPS frags or Zoas, never seen it in my life.

Superglue won't stay on on a fish for too long, it falls off before causing much harm when it comes to that situation. You probably more likely to kill the fish trying to catch it and take it off.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
My daughter is 19. Super glue, epoxy, concrete, duck tape, chains, molten lava.....nothing works on 14 year old girls except letting them grow out of being a 14 year old girl. I wish you the best of luck and hope you get through it with more hair left than I did.

Hair? I dont have much left. That tells you something...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This went from a nice reefing conversation to my worse dad fears for my 5 year old girl guys.... Thanks for keeping it real [emoji52]

Guys. They make daughters all cute and lovable when they are little so that you grow attached and don’t kill them when they become teenagers.

Guys. They make daughters all cute and lovable when they are little so that you grow attached and don’t kill them when they become teenagers.
YOU NOT HELPING!!!! [emoji26]

I'm gonna pay for everything I did, I JUST KNOW IT [emoji31][emoji53]

Back