Time to replace bulbs, any advice on which spectrum combo I should go with??

iroc2zep

Non-member
Well, Its that time to replace my 4-54watt T5 bulbs in my fixture, I currently have 4 of the ATI blue plus bulbs(460nm) that I have been happy with. Cant decide if I want to try somthing different or stick with what I have. I also have 2 250watt 14k MH in same fixture that I just replaced.Tank is mostly sps lps. My thought going forward is splitting up from just the 460nm and going 2 460s and 2 420s. Or mabey another combo that anybody has experimented with that they really enjoyed. Thanks for any input

i agree, try 50/50 blue plus and actinic combo for a while. Or if you have some nicer red/orange colored corals, you could try a pink/purple bulb to highlight them, but only use 1 as it will shift your color alot.

I was getting a little bored with the windex look of the 1:1 ration of aquablue+ and actinic+ bulbs so I changed it up on my last change and Im loving the new color. I like my tanks on the blue side but they were just way too blue. From front to back the new bulbs are a Giesemann lagoon blue, aquapink, actinc +, aquablue+. The reds and purples now pop as well as the greens, the corals look great and the water isnt as blue.

thanks for input, great link for reef geek bulb selection...i think im going with 2x ati blue plus, 1 purple plus and 1 coral plus. i feel its too blue right now with the 4x blue plus

Back