to catch a fish?

madisonrose

Non-member
so i have seen some of the fish traps
is there anything else home made i can try to catch a velvet damsel thats niping at some of my softies. hes just to quick and i dont want to tear down my rock work
any thoughts
thanks

i should clarify i have tried the invert water bottle top but heres my issue that maybe i sa bit stupid on my part but still, i couldnt keep the fish food in the bottle it tended to just float out and i had no real sucess with it that way

I removed my damsel by putting the food in a net and waiting about 5 min.
just keep it still, and be fast when it tries to eat.

worked with clowns a few years back.

I have used egg crate to section off a part of the tank

I hope that works for my emperor

Frank

Try the acclimate..I caught my hippo within 30 minutes and 2 clowns within 20 minutes with it..didn't move a rock..also did you try first thing in the morning before he is fully awake...Good luck!

I got an acclimater from a fellow member getting rid of everything. I never thought I would use it. I had to catch a Naso Tang, no problem. The first time it took all of about 1min, the second time, it was a little longer, at about 3min. I put some seaweed, with garlic on a clip. I didnt even have it all the way in the tank, and he was mine. I could have caught him with a pair of chop-sticks. Im a believer.
Derek

Back