Trident aftermarket ABC reagents

Cpage101

Current BRS Vice President
Officer
BRS Member
has anybody tried these aftermarket reagents who can speak to how well they actually work as I am intrigued

Thanks in advance!!

I buy 6 month and program it to run alk once a day and combo once a day using the needle guides it lasts about year

cost not the issue just intrigued by a possible cheaper alternate and how well they work. I have read about them on R2R

I run ABC reagents. I programmed my apex to test alkalinity 5 times per day and Cal/Mg once per day. I don’t want the Ca/Mg to sit stagnant in the lines too long. It may clog. I buy the 8 bottles of alkalinity for $30... that’s like 6 months worth of alkalinity testing, way cheaper. Single bottles of Ca/Mg now last 3-4 months. I have changed the default ratio of Alk to Ca/Mg required by the Trident. Alk is King. Ca/Mg don’t matter or change nearly as much… I wouldn’t test if I didn’t want to avoid the lines getting clogged. I guess you could say my Trident has been converted to an Alkatronic.

You can manually program the Trident when you log into Local.Apex or whatever IP address is assigned to your Apex controller. Below is a video on how to manually control your Trident’s testing schedule.

As for a difference, just run a calibration with the calibration solution provided by ABC. I noticed a small difference between the reagents before re-calibration.

Last edited:
They are doing black friday deal. $13 for 2 months supply, $5 shipping. $18 to try it. They even have a concentration kit. I have had good experience with it. Deals will end within hours.

They are doing black friday deal. $13 for 2 months supply, $5 shipping. $18 to try it. They even have a concentration kit. I have had good experience with it. Deals will end within hours.
how long have you use it for? i heard a lot of people been using it with no problem but its still new on the market. i just bought a 1yr supply to try it out see how it goes.

how long have you use it for? i heard a lot of people been using it with no problem but its still new on the market. i just bought a 1yr supply to try it out see how it goes.
3-4 months now. I also intermittently test with 3rd party test kit. The readings have been consistent

Back