Tropical Isle looking for coral vendors

FishieBusiness

BRS Member
I was in there today and the lack of corals was epic. When speaking to them about they can not get a good supplier that they can work with. They expressed interest in finding possible vendors thru the forum. Should anyone be interested it a give them a whirl.

I was in there a few weeks ago. The Corals they had were almost dead. I dont want to send my Coral there just to die.

And "work with them", sounds like they want terms, and that just ain't happening in this industry, lol

I use to work for them. Sense I left their coral health went down hill fast and they do seem to burn their bridges with everyone. They had a guy that would bring in some sps frags a couple times a month, Seems like he don’t anymore. The only person that may know anything about true coral care their would be Shawn but he is their maintenance person. Hopefully they will turn things around at the new store and get someone in there that knows how to care for coral.

Agreed the corals were dead. I was there 8months ago grabbing some cleaner crew stuff and the place looked good. Now not so much

I was not a very frequent visitor as I have many better options nearby, but it used to be nice to have a reef shop in that area to stop in when I'd be shopping in the Natick area. I went there twice after the move to new location and was very disappointed (though I did score a reactor at a better price than found online). Admittingly, I don't think I ever purchased livestock from them, but the old store was like an aquarium superstore, or the closest to one we have around here. I used to love just going in to admire their display tanks, the large selection of fish and dry goods, including aquariums which you don't see these days at any LFS.

I was not a very frequent visitor as I have many better options nearby, but it used to be nice to have a reef shop in that area to stop in when I'd be shopping in the Natick area. I went there twice after the move to new location and was very disappointed (though I did score a reactor at a better price than found online). Admittingly, I don't think I ever purchased livestock from them, but the old store was like an aquarium superstore, or the closest to one we have around here. I used to love just going in to admire their display tanks, the large selection of fish and dry goods, including aquariums which you don't see these days at any LFS.

+1 ON THAT! I enjoyed the old store and always thought of it as a superstore but now and very disappointed on they're coral selection which is non existent but have some nice live stock and decent prices. Hopefully they turn it around or i don't see this being a good move for them going forward. Good thing we have good connections in our forum to keep us striving and giving more diversity in selection.

Back