"Tropical World" Store (west boylston)

danzig

BRS Member
Have you been here before? I have heard of it and its a little bit of a drive so i was just wondering if anyone can give me some info on it. Is it big/clean/dirty/ friendly staff? Large selection? Corals/fish etc. anything and everything please! How does it compare to tropical isle aquarium in framingham?

No corals, small store,
He can order stuff for you, but nothing mentionable onhand, and it doesn't compare to framingham at all...
But I'm sure cheaper prices when you order stuff...

It is a very small store, one person staff (the owner is the only employee), but he is a very nice, friendly person. He's a very good friend of my friend's dad and has been great helping me set up my 58 gallon (which I got from him for a good price) Saltwater isn't his specialty, so the store is mostly freshwater and parrots. You'd find a much bigger selection of saltwater stuff at Tropic Isle. However, the few times I went there, their service was less than great, so I stick with Tropical world and just have him order me whatever I need if he doesn't have it.

ok thanks guys, i agree the service at trop isle isnt very good, and the old lady at the register is rude as hell whenever i call and/or buy stuff their. their is one kid who was about 16 years old who worked their that was so helpful, knew everything there is too know about saltwater, and spent 20 minutes explaining so many things and walked me around the whole store showing me everything the kid was awesome.

mostly fresh with some salt water fish.prices are much lower then other lfs.he has the red sea test for 29 bucks compare to other lfs at 50.very nice guy.he also deals in birds also.i get all my discus there.nobody can beat his price on discus and fish

Back