two questions 1 alge 2 rodi

ffsteve

The tool man
first (see pic) how do i get rid of it. i hate it my wife really hates it. what is it?

second, has anyone hooked up a rodi unit to both hot and cold water?
just seeing if i could come out with warm water?

Attachments

• dad 003.jpg
    dad 003.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 100
^^^ what he said, you can use a syphon to get a majority of the chunkage out. Then water changes + carbon. In the long run reduced your nutrient level (less feeding)

I think I see some aiptasia at the top left, (wavy picthfork thing?) That would be something else I'd try to remove now before it takes over your tank. That however, I don't have much experience in killing.

I think I read somewhere that you shouldn't hook up a rodi unit to hot and cold because of the bacteria that it generates.
Is your tank newly set up? I would decrease nutrients/feed less and increase the flow across the sandbed. What do you have for powerheads in there ?

Cold water only for RODI. Chemi Clean for cyano, READ directions! Lemon juice and kalkwasser paste inject into aptasia. Done

Cold water only for RODI. Chemi Clean for cyano, READ directions! Lemon juice and kalkwasser paste inject into aptasia. Done

+1

Chemi-Clean Red Slime Remover is AMAZING!!!

Removed ALL the cyano from my tank (i had even more than you at one point) within 2 days, without siphoning mind you.

And I haven't seen one speck of cyano since and it's been well over a month.

I still have it if you wanna buy it off me. Only used once. Would sell for like $5. I'd trade for a frag, but I don't want any aptasia or cyano or anything going into my tank, lol.

Back