Ugh... Think I may have ick

Intheflesh

Non-member
...in our nano.

Was feeding the nano and I notices white dust like particles on our clowns. Bummer.

Im heading out to buy a 2.5-5 gallon at Petco for QT. I have an AC mini for circulation, along with a few various power heads. Besides circulation and heater, do I need anything else in the qt? Air stone?

I would add as much air as you can without stressing the fish - they will have a hard time in that medicated water to begin with.

QT? do you plan to treat or just to observe?

If it's fish only probably the best option is a small HOB that discharges the water a little above the surface, it moves, it filtrates it aerates. daily changes of media might help as well as daily water changes to keep the ammonia down as much as you can. I assume you will go with a bare bottom setup.

Man this sucks, ....

Had them maybe 3 weeks. The tank is maybe 8-10 months old, with Corals, inverts, etc. Dont want to treat the tank, so hospital it is

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

To mirror what ro_nico said, I was planning on taking the clowns abd Cardinal out (the only 3 fish in the tank), and treat them in s hospital tsnk. Bare bottom, ac mini, maybe an air stone. Few pvc pieces to hide. Have been reading up on treatment. This indeed is going to suck

To mirror what ro_nico said, I was planning on taking the clowns abd Cardinal out (the only 3 fish in the tank), and treat them in s hospital tsnk. Bare bottom, ac mini, maybe an air stone. Few pvc pieces to hide. Have been reading up on treatment. This indeed is going to suck

+1 Bummer! Make sure you monitor the water in the QT tank.
Good Luck!

Back