Ann. UNACCEPTABLE Tropic Marin Pro reef Issues | Condensed Threads

highfive52

FISH and CHIPS
I've figured out the issues in my tank. It's been a long 8 months of steady death with parameters being super stable and a recent icp tests and separate water testing facility has nailed down tin copper and aluminum in tropic marin reef pro salt. Bulk reef has known about this and tropic marin has also. I urge you to look at your buckets. Batch numbers will be issuing soon on bad batches. This is very bad. Class action lawsuit started by another member. I'll keep you all posted. Bulk reef has known about this also.

Attachments

• 2022_01_27_09.15.03.jpg
    2022_01_27_09.15.03.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 322
how high are the copper levels from your tests? Thanks

Can you post the ICP results from the test? Would be interesting to compare the actual numbers.

Here is a test from a recent batch of Red Sea blue bucket that i received. Not tank water, fresh mixed with 0 tds rodi to 35 ppt.

Can you post the ICP results from the test? Would be interesting to compare the actual numbers.

Here is a test from a recent batch of Red Sea blue bucket that i received. Not tank water, fresh mixed with 0 tds rodi to 35 ppt.
I had to mix in batches at 1.024 1.025 and 1.026. I used and paid a private company to test. Then after speaking with owner he agreed to take half dry salt to run separate control tests. They all matched. Imagine that.

There has been a LOT of chatter on R2R about issues related to the opening of an off site manufacturing facility in Turkey.

I had to mix in batches at 1.024 1.025 and 1.026. I used and paid a private company to test. Then after speaking with owner he agreed to take half dry salt to run separate control tests. They all matched. Imagine that.
The owner of TM?

There has been a LOT of chatter on R2R about issues related to the opening of an off site manufacturing facility in Turkey.
I'm not on reef to reef. What I can tell you is my journey of tank death is almost over. Replacement neomarine salt will be here Saturday for mad water changes. Saltwateraquarium fast tracked my shipment knowing what's gone on. Gonna be a long weekend.

The owner of TM?
I had hired a private water testing facility on my own. When I couldn't figure out the death on a perfect paramter tank I thought maybe something was bypassing rodi. I'm ocd like that. And being so ocd I figured all these icp companies are in bed with reefing community and couldn't be trusted. I wanted a non reefing company to do this for real results.

If I understand it correctly, you used an independent ICP testing company instead of the Triton or ATI? Thanks

Awesome! was the company able to share any data from the tests? Or did they only claim that they were high? Just being wary of if they did not share the actual data. The data so far on the claims in the R2R indicates high manganese, couple of other elements, mostly with the Turkey manufactured batch. But did not see copper or aluminum. So it would be good to see what was measured.

Is it possible to share the copper level? Thank you very much and greatly appreciate it.

My lawyer,, lol,, got emails from both bulk reef and tropic marin late last night. They are taking this very seriously. IF YOU HAVE HAD YOUR TESTS COME BACK WITH METALS, we need to know. I will be posting soon on all testing results, right now it's in the hands of lawyers. I've been offered a hush settlement, no amount of money can take the last 8 months of sadness and horror away for me or anyone else. So please, if your using any tropic marin salt, I need icp results. Thank you

I can think of rather large amounts........lol
Sympathies for anyone now wondering what's in their tank. Can't imagine anything worse than copper. All equipment now contaminated?.... Can it be removed effectively or is the glass tank itself now ruined and in question? Never used TM before, but thought it was considered the best. What a mess!
So crummy...

I asked brs what the latest was and they said to go fill out the Survey TM put out. I’ve got two empty buckets here that are from Turkey. Funny thing is my tank hasn’t responded like it should and I’ve had unexplained deaths so this is certainly a contributor.

Fire up the carbon!

My lawyer,, lol,, got emails from both bulk reef and tropic marin late last night. They are taking this very seriously. IF YOU HAVE HAD YOUR TESTS COME BACK WITH METALS, we need to know. I will be posting soon on all testing results, right now it's in the hands of lawyers. I've been offered a hush settlement, no amount of money can take the last 8 months of sadness and horror away for me or anyone else. So please, if your using any tropic marin salt, I need icp results. Thank you
waiting for my ICP to come back I sent last week, but I am currently finishing a bucket from Germany

I asked brs what the latest was and they said to go fill out the Survey TM put out. I’ve got two empty buckets here that are from Turkey. Funny thing is my tank hasn’t responded like it should and I’ve had unexplained deaths so this is certainly a contributor.

Fire up the carbon!
agreed had this purple bonsai for 4 years and randomly has been dying over the last 5-6 months I’m not seeing the usual polyp extension on my sps either.
4E786F43-830A-4D7C-8946-99F9F3245D62.jpeg

I lost an elegance, trachy, many sps frags, 4 pep shrimp etc, etc. need to see how this plays out but if my mixing barrels are contaminated, there goes $500 more

Im almost finishing up a bucket manufactured in Turkey and i have had great results with my tank….all my sps are growing steady and fast. no losses. I have auto water changes for 1 gallon a day and absolutely no problems here at all. The only thing i have in my tank is gha because of neglecting the tank for a month and just feeding flakes because i was too busy with life. Must’ve been a big error with manufacturing at some point and they made a bad batch.

Last edited:
Back