Water Alarm Dialer

Matt W

Chemist
BRS Member
I just thought I would share this... for some people this may be known, but when I started researching this a number of months ago it wasn't the easiest thing to figure out.

http://www.protectedhome.com/wateralarm-dialer-p-147-l-en.html

for only ~$70 it may be a VERY affordable risk mitigation for water damage.

WaterAlarm Dialer

WaterAlarm Dialer WA-700

Water leaks can happen while you’re at work, on vacation or even out mowing the lawn. Don’t let water ruin your home or business… install the affordable WaterAlarm Dialer WA-700 and be alerted with a siren and a phone call to your cell phone, a neighbor, relative or friend.

Water is one of the most common and expensive causes of damage to homes, cabins and businesses. Sump overflows, leaking pipes or broken washing machine hoses can cause thousands of dollars in damage. One way to eliminate this worry is with the WaterAlarm Dialer WA-700! When the WaterAlarm Dialer WA-700 senses water, it sounds an audible alarm and automatically calls out to a pre-programmed telephone number of your choice with a voice alarm message. You can feel secure knowing you will be warned before your home or business suffers expensive water damage.

Use the WaterAlarm Dialer WA-700 Everywhere!

· Basement – monitor sump pump operation and leaking hot water heaters.
· Bathrooms – monitor for leaking toilets or broken hoses and pipes from baths, showers, sinks and toilets.
· Kitchen – monitor ice makers, dishwashers and sinks.
· Washing Machine – monitor if hoses break or drains overflow.
· Air Conditioning Condensate Pans – monitor if the pan has overflowed or if drain is plugged.

The WaterAlarm Dialer WA-700 features:
· Automatically dials any telephone number when water is detected
· Continues to call until the alarm is acknowledged – calls every 15 minutes or every 2 hours (user selectable)
· Sounds a 40 decibel local alarm when water is detected
· Water sensor is on a 36” (.9m) long wire which can be easily extended up to 1,000’ (305m)
· Add more sensors (WS-600) and monitor additional areas of your home or business
· Operates during a power failure* (uses 2 AA batteries for back-up power – not included)
· Calls out to warn if the backup batteries are low and need replacing
· Uses existing telephone line, DSL or VOIP phone connections*
· Works flawlessly with answering machines or voice mail systems
· Installs in minutes
· No monitoring fees!

I forgot to mention earlier....actually I just thought about it:eek:

Not everyone has a telephone line these days. This thing will only work using a phone line, whether it be your standard telephone line or through the Internet with something like Vonage or the like.

Just something to think about, that's all.

Back