water leak!

nitrofish

reefing again!
I somehow sprung a leak in my drain hose from my refugium to my sump. this caused water to drip onto my tunze powerhead drivers burning them out. then I tryed to find the leak in my drain hoses and couldn't find it. I even put air pressure on one end while holding the other end closed, and submreged them under water, no leaks. whats going on here? and where can I find replacement drivers? #7240.27 (ts24 kit).

also this means my refugium is offline :( arrrgh

Maybe this is a stupid question (probably because of the ridiculous hour), but how do you know you had a leak from the hose if you can't find it? Could the water that killed the tunze drivers have come from another source, and maybe even have run down the outside of the fuge drain hose?

because I felt the hose and it was wet, even at the very top, and since there really nothing else around the refugium I had to say it was from the drain somehow.it may have leaked down the hose, but I can't see where it could be coming from.

it wasn't a huge leak, just a little water on the floor, but enough to cause electronic damage.

I think Ifound the leak, its in the return hose, not the drain. somehow water was getting past the barbed fitting even with a hose clamp on it. I added a little silicone to the inside, hopefully that helps.

Back