Weird stuff

bettez8789

BRS Member
So I have this white film spiderweb stuff growing on my rock only in one area what could it be

I have that too. I never figured it out or even bothered to look it up but, I just assumed it was some sort of sponge..

This stuff

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 81
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 82
Also what’s this green carpet stuff on the rocks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 70
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 69
Looks like sponge or tunicates to me. Green stuff is just algae, dry rock starts white then turns brown/green with algae growth and then pink/purple with coralline if you have good lighting and parameters.

Looks like sponge or tunicates to me. Green stuff is just algae, dry rock starts white then turns brown/green with algae growth and then pink/purple with coralline if you have good lighting and parameters.
Have you heard of pop bloom lights

so is that white good or bad

Back