What does everyone feeed their tank/fish

T

tone2607

i was just wondering what everyone feed their tank i use frozen cubes and some krill anybody else maybe suggestions

Because I have large fish with big appetites, I feed a lot. They actually eat better than me.
Here's what I do:

I go the supermarket in the fresh fish section and purchase:
squid (legs and rings)
raw shrimp
scallops
clams
fillet of some type of fish (usually tilapia)
cat fish nuggets
Once in a while I may pick up some crab legs if they're cheap

Bring this home and hack it all up into tiny bits. The blender helps greatly. I take this "mush" and mix in some garlic. I then freeze this into sheets in a zip lock bags.

When I feed, I break off a piece, thaw it a little in warm water and toss it in the tank. As the larger fish pick it apart, the smaller fish eat the scraps.

I then feed nori which I just throw in the tank, the fish take care of the rest.

Also, because I have large angels, once a month I go to the pet store and buy a live sponge for them to eat.

As treats during the week, they get some freeze dried krill which is their favorite. It's like crack to the fish for some reason. But like I said, it's only a treat

PE Mysis
Prime Reef Flakes & Frozen
Phyto
Artic Pods

Mix with Selcon & Garlic Extract.

yeah i have been hearing alot about this goo...what is it basically just a combo of stuff.? or a special recipe..?

pe mysis and flake, supermarket nori sheets. Used to do the fish goo but now since I only feed flake and mysis 1 time a week to once every couple of weeks I have stopped making the goo.

Because I have large fish with big appetites, I feed a lot. They actually eat better than me.
Here's what I do:

I go the supermarket in the fresh fish section and purchase:
squid (legs and rings)
raw shrimp
scallops
clams
fillet of some type of fish (usually tilapia)
cat fish nuggets
Once in a while I may pick up some crab legs if they're cheap

Bring this home and hack it all up into tiny bits. The blender helps greatly. I take this "mush" and mix in some garlic. I then freeze this into sheets in a zip lock bags.

When I feed, I break off a piece, thaw it a little in warm water and toss it in the tank. As the larger fish pick it apart, the smaller fish eat the scraps.

I then feed nori which I just throw in the tank, the fish take care of the rest.

Also, because I have large angels, once a month I go to the pet store and buy a live sponge for them to eat.

As treats during the week, they get some freeze dried krill which is their favorite. It's like crack to the fish for some reason. But like I said, it's only a treat

That is a very cool recipe, It is nice to see people caring so much about what goes into their fish food.

I feed flakes, because I can. No seriously though I mix up some frozen food and alternate however EVERY single one of my fish will eat flake food, I'm kind of a stickler on this but if it won't eat flake I won't buy it. Not a fan of finicky eaters and if i ever wanted to sell a fish I at least know that it will have no issues eating for the new owner. If you break away from flake and feed home made goos all the time they will not eat flake again so its more like a treat twice a week and my tang gets his veggie clip weekly.

Last edited:
Mysis, cyclopeeze, fish goo all thawed in tank water and garlic xtra yummy :D.

PE mysis and nori (nori not offered if I'm having any algae issues, hoping to make mr. tang hungry). Nothing else.

Back