whats a good nano sized copod eater

nitrofish

reefing again!
my 10 gallon nano tank has a reall lot of copods runing around, it looks kind of creepy, like millions of roaches. right now the only fish in there is a false perc.(I think thats what it is)

I don't know what you could keep that would eat them, but I do agree its creepy. I have a 5 gallon nano that I keep some zoos, 3 blue leg hermits, 2 snails, and a peppermint shrimp in, and every time I put a little food in, all the little creepie crawlie pods come out. I see em running around the rock all the time too. Those little suckers are fast! :eek:

I'm not certain, but I think a Sleeper Goby will do a pretty good job of taking them down... Don't quote me on that though...

You would have to get one that was eating regular food for sure. a mandarin cleaned out my 75g fuge pretty quick, a 10g would be empty in two days.

From my years of reading nano-reef.com, sixline wrasse is the most popular nano "hunter". Tight fitting lid is a must.

why not connect the nano to the main tank and let the mandarin take care of them.

Neon goby ?
My 40g reef has a pair of neon gobies and a lawnmower blenny, and I see very few 'pods (despite an above-tank 'fuge loaded with them).
I don't really see either the gobies or the blenny pod hunting, but I'm assuming its one or the other.

Back