Where to buy a new 150

Alex

Non-member
I’m looking to buy a new 5 foot 150 with a stand and canopy. Anyone have any recommendations. I’m in southern NH if that matters

To be honest I'm not really sure. Was thinking a 5'x24"x24" 150 with a decent stand and canopy. Planning to go bare bottom so starboard bottom would be nice. I currently have a standard sized 90 plumbed down to the basement. I want to swap it out. Open to other ideas though.

I just don't trust them , I have read mixed reviews on their items

I would go water box before glass cages
There were mixed user experiences back before they changed ownership, but I've not seen many complaints since then. Tbh, even with the original owner I never knew anyone personally who had an issue. Love the reef used them for their big remodel. Maybe it would be worth it to check out their workmanship in person.

There were mixed user experiences back before they changed ownership, but I've not seen many complaints since then. Tbh, even with the original owner I never knew anyone personally who had an issue. Love the reef used them for their big remodel. Maybe it would be worth it to check out their workmanship in person.
When you look at Crystal dynamics build quality , their custom stand designs and innovations, i just don't see glass cages comparing to them. I guess all depends on budget, but i rather go with better quality than just cheapest price. Also, if he wants starboard bottom, CDA does those beautifully

Yeah, I totally agree that with a completely unlimited budget and no concern about the time it takes for a tank to be fabricated, I might not go with glass cages.

For custom tanks we typically go with GlassCages or Planet for a good quality lower cost option. I agree that in the past under prior ownership that GC had their problems, but so far with the new owner, Joe Munden and his team, we have not seen better customer support and so far have been very happy with the product that we have received for sales and installations. Feel free to reach out with the details of the tank and furniture and I will be happy to get a quote rolling for you asap

For custom tanks we typically go with GlassCages or Planet for a good quality lower cost option. I agree that in the past under prior ownership that GC had their problems, but so far with the new owner, Joe Munden and his team, we have not seen better customer support and so far have been very happy with the product that we have received for sales and installations. Feel free to reach out with the details of the tank and furniture and I will be happy to get a quote rolling for you asap
Unless you want a warranty, then you have to practically pay double the cost of tank...no thank you.

I use Coast to Coast for most of my custom tanks. For the money their quality is awesome, and they are in NJ so I can pick the tank up and save HUGE on freight (usually at least $500)

Unless you want a warranty, then you have to practically pay double the cost of tank...no thank you.

I use Coast to Coast for most of my custom tanks. For the money their quality is awesome, and they are in NJ so I can pick the tank up and save HUGE on freight (usually at least $500)
Coast to Coast is a great company, beautiful tanks and will last a lifetime.

Back