Where to get water??

smokey30

Non-member
I live in south boston does anyone that lives in the area know where to get bottles of distilled water or tank water? I need about 8 gallons. Thnx in advance

I've seen it run from 50 cents to a buck a gallon for RODI water.
Once place charged $2/gal, but that's ridiculous.

$2/gal.....really, that's nutty. At that price a RODI unit would start to look pretty good.

You might want to try collecting sea water. Not sure the closest place to you for collecting. Some guys are collecting from Nahaunt.

I used to collect natural sea water near Castle Island in Southie.
Just wait for an incoming high tide, and make sure you're not collecting after a rain storm.
I also used to collect local seaweed and feed it to my purple tang. That fish liked kelp.

5 gal for a 1.30....that's pretty darn good:D Not sure if Hannaford's in Dracut has this but will check it out and post up with what i find....isn't there one in Lowell too? on 38 by the stadium?

5 gal for a 1.30....that's pretty darn good:D Not sure if Hannaford's in Dracut has this but will check it out and post up with what i find....isn't there one in Lowell too? on 38 by the stadium?

Does the Hannaford in Dracut have this?

Jim
The last time I needed water in an emergency, 1 yr agao, I went to Hannafords on rt 38 in Lowell and the one in Drum Hill in Chelmsford has one. It worked great in a pinch even if it was RO without DI My tank had no problem.

FWIW Anthony Calfo recommends that you DO NOT use distilled water because they often boil it in copper vessels. You don't want copper in your reef tank!

I bought a 6 stage 100gal/day RO/DI unit for 170 bucks with a storage tank and faucet. I love it! I have it hooked up to my fridge so I have great tasting drinking water too. I am sure this thing paid for itself along time ago. And it is way more convenient to make your own water than to go somewhere to buy it. If you plan to be in this hobby for any length of time I would buy your own unit.

This is the one I have

Back