Who has 17000$$$$???

ian20 said:
I wonder what the reserve is

I believe this is the reserve

bin_15x54.gif
price: US $17,500.00

Ive talked with Jen and shes had her site up for a while selling Acans and Mircos. SHe frequents the LPS forum on RC. Her corals are simply amazing. I wonder why she is selling off many of her corals? maybe shes looking for a big payday to get out of the sales now that the shipping prices are about to skyrocket.

How can you not drop your jaw in awe at a piece like this:

Attachments

• P1070603_(Custom)1.jpg
    P1070603_(Custom)1.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 362
i dunno, the seller says he is in Utah and Jendub is in CA, my guess is it was a fake auction with stolen photos and has been pulled.

Also the "I dont have time to answer any questions or take any pictures" is a give away that the person does not have the corals or know anything about corals, a scam.

He also demanded the payment had to be made within "1 hour" after the auction closed. Scam!!

Those photos made me want to get some of those...just not at those prices... liam...have any ready

stang8s said:
Also the "I dont have time to answer any questions or take any pictures" is a give away that the person does not have the corals or know anything about corals, a scam.

Yeah, it's a dead giveaway. Anyone selling something for $20,000 who doesn't have any time to answer a question is full of crap.

Coral fad of the month club winner

Something does seem foul, but more foul than juts this guy who sells Hopi art all of a sudden trying to run a reefer scam....

First, this guy does have a positive user feedback of 254 dating all the way back to 2002, or farther, so I find it hard to believe he all of a sudden decided to rip someone off.

Second, all the auctions I looked at are for Hopi art, just as the guy's username suggests. Isn't it a little odd that a Hopi art dealer from Utah has a ton of the current fad coral to unload, more than a wholesaler?

Third, I'd like to note that when my credit card was stolen off of eBay, the eBay authorities contacted me right away, and informed me the scam was out of rural Utah. Its a big state, so I think this is just a coincidence, but still...

Finally, the nature of the auction just seems like a scam; photos taken from web sites, little to no knowledge of the product he's selling, no questions welcome on a $17,000+ item. And why wouldn't he want e-mails sent???

Well, my hypothesis is that this is a scammer who stole this guy's login information and posted a rip-off auction in his name.

Does anyone not find it interesting to note that this is another scam aimed at reefers? There are scams on eBay all the time, but what does this say about the nature of us that thieves are willing to target what is truly a niche society?

My advice: stay off of eBay -- especially for livestock!!!

Its one thing if no one here has the dry goods or equipment you're looking for, but there are a ton of local sponsors and local reefers in the club who most certainly have the coral you're looking for.

Just my opinion,

Matt:cool:

Back